Wind noise when using truck bluetooth microphone

My 2014 Sierra recently developed a problem when using my cell phone through the truck's bluetooth microphone.  If I'm sitting still it's fine, but once I start accelerating anyone I'm talking to over the mic says it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.  
I've examined the seal around the satellite antenna on the roof which is right above the internal cab mic, and it seemed intact except for a small separation on the backside.  I sealed it wit silicone to make sure it wasn't the cause, and afterwards nothing had changed.  The wind noise remained.

Have any of you experienced this issue, and how did you address it?  I'm stumped.

Thank You,

Jason

10 hours ago, JToups386 said:

My 2014 Sierra recently developed a problem when using my cell phone through the truck's bluetooth microphone.  If I'm sitting still it's fine, but once I start accelerating anyone I'm talking to over the mic says it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.  
I've examined the seal around the satellite antenna on the roof which is right above the internal cab mic, and it seemed intact except for a small separation on the backside.  I sealed it wit silicone to make sure it wasn't the cause, and afterwards nothing had changed.  The wind noise remained.

Have any of you experienced this issue, and how did you address it?  I'm stumped.

Thank You,

Jason

does the inside of the cab sound louder? (do you notice it getting louder inside the cab when you're driving - not using the phone)

also, do you have any AC vents blowing straight onto the mic in the roof?

• Like 1

rbrjr:  No, it's not louder inside while driving.  There's no abnormal wind noise inside the cab.  The vents are not blowing towards the roof/mic either.  
This problem only occurs while I'm driving and using the mic.  While sitting still at a stoplight it works normally.  It's not until external air/wind are present for the problem to occur. 

14 hours ago, JToups386 said:

Thank You,

Jason

The small separation at the back of the antennae is actually their first attempt at a drain.

You might pull down your headliner to see if the wires have not started corroding on the shark fin.

Thank you Jim.  That sounds like a not so fun job, but it makes sense to try.  Of course this all started happening a month after my extended warranty expired... 

1 hour ago, JToups386 said:

Thank you Jim.  That sounds like a not so fun job, but it makes sense to try.  Of course this all started happening a month after my extended warranty expired... 

You are very welcome.

Good luck, keep us posted.