Loading an atv

Take it from someone who had both tailgate cables snap when driving my ATV up a ramp into the bed of my truck, you don't want that to happen to you. Get a trailer. I will never load an ATV Inn a truck again unless the tailgate is removed.

Not only did I wreck my tailgate but also smashed the front of the bed in with my ATV winch when I gassed it to keep me from flipping backwards off the truck when the tailgate dropped.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Take it from someone who had both tailgate cables snap when driving my ATV up a ramp into the bed of my truck, you don't want that to happen to you. Get a trailer. I will never load an ATV Inn a truck again unless the tailgate is removed.

Not only did I wreck my tailgate but also smashed the front of the bed in with my ATV winch when I gassed it to keep me from flipping backwards off the truck when the tailgate dropped.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Damn. That sound horrible. I don't load 4wheelers because i don't own one but i put almost everything on my trailer. My philosophy is why mess up a $60,000 truck when i can mess up a $900 trailer??? I use a 5x10 pipe top with a ramp trailer and its awesome to have. I second the trailer!!!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the reply and pics PabloK. I owned a couple of Polaris Sportsman back in the day. Solid, comfortable machines!! They are some weighted machines that have to be taken seriously. I'm glad to hear you're able to load it safely with a good quality ramp now. It's also good to hear the tailgate is holding up. I just completed work on a camper renovation so I'm going to attempting to load my atv myself shortly.