In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

15k Service turns into an adventure

18 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

It won't be on carfax unless it's reported but, it will be in the GM system.  If any dealer pulls up your VIN, it will list everything that's been done to that truck. 

Yea its available but most dealers dont pull all the full service records.

Wow Harry,  after going through all you have been going through I sorta feel guilty about raising cane over a fuzzy backup camera. Food for thought though. Maybe you could hit them up for an extended warranty on their dime at least. Wouldn't hurt to try. Worst they could say is no. Anxious to hear how your senior adviser handles this. I have one of those guys also. Good luck

10 hours ago, harry65 said:

Got contacted by the shop today, they are saying now that the camshaft positioner sensor is running a code but they dont' know why.  They believe it may have occurred when the tech who replaced the starter did so incorrectly and blew the module.  Want to do more investigation prior though as the module is "very expensive".  I explained that I am not comfortable that the truck is reliable any longer and will be seeking a replacement truck.  Tech offered me the service manager name and I indicated he would not be in a position to make me hole and that I will need to speak with the leadership of Ted Britt.  I will be pushing to have the truck replaced and will begin researching potential lawyers to address as well.  If there are any recommendations of potential lawyers in the Ashburn VA area, they would be welcome.

Hmm. I was willing to give the dealership the benefit of the doubt but looks like it could turn into a problem truck for you. I honestly don't know how far you would get with a replacement provided they are able to fix the issue. If all else fails, at the very least, get them to give you a very long extended warranty. 

Got another update for those that are following.  Met with the General Manager today and have to say based on our conversation, he seems to be a stand up guy.  Explained what occurred and what my concerns are and his response...looks like we need to put you in a new truck.  I have a long bed High Country and those are pretty scarce but he did have one, only difference is that it is diesel.  I drove it and it rides nice, he is working paperwork and we will see if he closes the deal.  I told him that i have an extended warranty and that I want to be made whole on this.  He agreed.  Will let you guys know what he comes back with.  Never drove a diesel (other than in the army) so that will be something I will have to explore.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, harry65 said:

Got another update for those that are following.  Met with the General Manager today and have to say based on our conversation, he seems to be a stand up guy.  Explained what occurred and what my concerns are and his response...looks like we need to put you in a new truck.  I have a long bed High Country and those are pretty scarce but he did have one, only difference is that it is diesel.  I drove it and it rides nice, he is working paperwork and we will see if he closes the deal.  I told him that i have an extended warranty and that I want to be made whole on this.  He agreed.  Will let you guys know what he comes back with.  Never drove a diesel (other than in the army) so that will be something I will have to explore.

That's awesome man. I must admit, i didn't expect the "new truck" request to go this smoothly for you. You didn't even have to get a lawyer involved. I wish all dealerships were like this, owning up to their mistakes. 

10 hours ago, harry65 said:

That is very sporting of the Manager.  You'll love the diesel.  Let's just hope they finally have all the DPF and DEF issues worked out by now.  They probably do. 

On 1/31/2020 at 10:38 AM, harry65 said:

I have the 3.0L diesel it’s great no regrets. It is kind of a new learning curve with the DEF fluid and all but no big deal when you see you are getting 30 MPG VS the V8. The big plus is the 10 speed transmission.

By any chance did you talk to the regional district manager when you opened your case with GM?  Can you find out who that is?  A talk with them might get you some more goodies.  Basically start out nice, explain everything that you have been through, that the dealer is working on fixing things but that you have lost time with your vehicle for this long, multiple trips to the dealer, unsafe conditions, discrepancies in the documentation, and now they are replacing your vehicle with a totally different vehicle (diesel, not gas).   The district manager may do some more stuff or approve more incentives for you or accessories to outfit the new truck,  oil changes for life,  tire rotations,  etc etc, but take the truck to a different dealer for the maintenance work.  Cant hurt to ask. 

Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Jeepincbum55 said:

By any chance did you talk to the regional district manager when you opened your case with GM?  Can you find out who that is?  A talk with them might get you some more goodies.  Basically start out nice, explain everything that you have been through, that the dealer is working on fixing things but that you have lost time with your vehicle for this long, multiple trips to the dealer, unsafe conditions, discrepancies in the documentation, and now they are replacing your vehicle with a totally different vehicle (diesel, not gas).   The district manager may do some more stuff or approve more incentives for you or accessories to outfit the new truck,  oil changes for life,  tire rotations,  etc etc, but take the truck to a different dealer for the maintenance work.  Cant hurt to ask. 

Just my 2 cents.

didn't think about that, will see what I can find out