Bad BCM? Recalibration?

I have a 2015 that's new to me and it has several electronic glitches. I had a 15 before that didn't act like this that I can recall. The biggest issue is the theft deterrent preventing it from starting on occasion. Usually a few cycles of the key and it starts fine. I often get pop-ups during startup about theft deterrent and front camera not working even though it has no camera that I know of. My display on the dash and radio switch randomly, but mostly when I use my blue tooth it won't go back to the previous screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Some people were having trouble with a ground under the dashboard on the driver side. 

I had loose negative cable on my 2018, tightened it and a ground on the frame, but it did crap a BCM shortly after. It would trip my headlights on and off at night and put the signals on randomly while shut off outside my house, and finally it stuck the fuel pump on even with the truck shut off and the fuel pump fuses pulled from the panel. So a bad BCM is possible but wont be warranty so I would explore the grounds on the battery side, if that still doesn't work I would unfortunately pull the dash panel one weekend and check that guy out. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks like the issue was a bad ground wire. After checking several things one cool day I grabbed the ground wire and it was warm. I replaced the ground and haven’t had a problem since. I’ve seen issues with GMs ground wires since they went back to top posts in 07. Not to say it won’t pop up since it was intermittent, but the last couple of weeks have been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1