In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Open Club  ·  67 members

diesel 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
buelldude

mods

So the truck is doing well, I put on some AT tires, we go camping and most of the time its off the beaten path. The temps here have drop to low 30's and I have found it nice that it warms up fast. My other Duramax (6.6) would take forever.

• Like 1

They do warm up nice while driving but if you are setting idling it will run on the cool side. I also changed tires, went from the factory so called A/T Goodyear Fortitudes to Duratraks and lost about 4-5 mpg. Nice to be able to get around in the mud without spinning and sliding around. Still averaging 25-27mpg on the highway. Loving it so far at 2800 miles.

This is one of my first mods: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/most-popular/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator  took about half an hour to do plug and play, now my default is off and by pushing the Auto Stop button it turns on, which I have only done once. Also works on 2020's

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:07 PM, bobbobtar said:

This is one of my first mods: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/most-popular/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator  took about half an hour to do plug and play, now my default is off and by pushing the Auto Stop button it turns on, which I have only done once. Also works on 2020's

I've been thinking of doing this mod too, did you notice any appreciable drop in MPG around town?

Didn't notice any loss in mpg, but with the mod you can turn it back on, the default setting is off.

• Like 1

I took my truck in about 3 weeks ago to get the exhaust sensor replaced, and a couple of other issues.  Since I got the truck back, I can't remember the truck shutting off.  It used to do it at a couple of redlights on the way to work or when sitting in the drive thru.  Don't know if I need to take the truck back or  just let it go.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.