I think I made a mistake with 2020 Sierra

41 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Think the fog light switch (as annoying as it is) is also a safety feature. Certain places have laws where it is illegal to have them on in certain areas. I have heard members from Canada on the site mention this.

In BC, it's illegal to have your fog lights on unless the conditions are poor.  There's surprisingly little regulation of fog lights, considering how stringent the requirements are for regular headlights.

2 hours ago, Slizzo said:

1. When I remote start my '18, I can tell the seats have been on as they're super warm. Of course they're not on after I put the key in and turn the truck on, but they've been running, I can tell. I'd be surprised if they changed that behavior for '20.

yes when the outside is at a certain temp your seats and steering wheels warm up with remote start, his point is that once he gets in and presses start, they turn off and you have to manually turn them back on to keep them going. More than once my warm wheel goes cold and I look down to realize i forgot to restart it.

24 minutes ago, Texas Daddy said:

Really? I would bet most top off tanks at gas stations.

OP - why did you leave ford?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Once I got my big boy job out of college I never put $5 in a tank again. In fact I rarely get below half a tank before I go in and fill it up. I don't understand the logic of even lower income folks making many, many trips for the same amount of gas. And if you own a $50k truck and can't afford $60 worth of gas, you're doing it wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

In BC, it's illegal to have your fog lights on unless the conditions are poor.  There's surprisingly little regulation of fog lights, considering how stringent the requirements are for regular headlights.

in the fall in the country you'd be an idiot not to have them on as they can greatly help you spot deer. 

PS my wife's explorer is a single button on and off and she doesn't have to turn it on each time. So while i've heard the reg thing before too, I'm not sure how culpable the manufacturer is.

So make sure you have your climate control in auto when you remote start, and the seats will heat up as will the mirrors. My wheel did too in my 13 avalanche, but Im not sure they do anymore. My biggest issue lately was having to hold down memory button to move seats/mirrors. I understand why (hit it a few times in my gmt900 while driving to start getting crushed in wifes settings), but it still is a minor pita...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Extractor said:

interesting...

I wonder if its adjustable somehow.

A warning flashed on my screen about maximum speed 98mph and it shut down momentarily.

It's adjustable. And it doesn't restrict the speed,  just dings and flashes once or twice. 

Edited by OHDenali

19 minutes ago, OHDenali said:

It's adjustable. And it doesn't restrict the speed,  just dings and flashes once or twice. 

I think you may be referring to the speed warning setting... which mine is turned off.

I'm quite sure my truck shut off with warning light like on video above, which was 106, mine was 98!!!  8 mph difference!!!

23 minutes ago, Extractor said:

I think you may be referring to the speed warning setting... which mine is turned off.

I'm quite sure my truck shut off with warning light like on video above, which was 106, mine was 98!!!  8 mph difference!!!

I stand corrected.  I have my speed warning @77 mph. Guess that's why it never shut down. 

Good to know. Thanks!

i think you really should of got the last model year of the K2xx series, it's more tunable and lots of aftermarket support.

governors restrict top speed due to driveshafts reach critical rpm  past 100mph

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Salsa De Piña said:

It's not really surprising.  It's the same in most places I know.  Same applies to driving with your high-beams on all the time.  Fogs are not low-beams.  They are intended to give enhanced visibility, without regard for other drivers on the road.  Just like high-beams (but different conditions).

You don't drive around with high-beams on all the time blinding other drivers, fog/driving/accessory lights aren't really any different.  They are not aimed or focused to avoid blinding other drivers, nor should they be since they are intended for low-vis driving.

The worst offender I saw around here a couple times was someone who installed a LED bar in their Jeep Compass' front grille and was driving with just that and their fog lights, with their headlights off.  I guess they thought it was cool or something.  Super obnoxious.