I think I made a mistake with 2020 Sierra

4 hours ago, It's Tim said:

98% will never fill it up anyways...

Do people really not fill up the tank? I don't know how many people run it the entire way full ---> empty, but it seems pretty common to fill at 1/4 tank. So maybe they just don't let it get down all the way? 

Edited by Mandalorian

5 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Do people really not fill up the tank? I don't know how many people run it the entire way full ---> empty, but it seems pretty common to fill at 1/4 tank. So maybe they just don't let it get down all the way? 

Apparently they can't afford fuel (notice how many "I need more mpg" threads there are?)...plenty of dash pics on this site just like this:

spacer.png

As soon as my gauge is less than 1/2 tank I fill it up.

Edited by It's Tim

40 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Apparently they can't afford fuel (notice how many "I need more mpg" threads there are?)...plenty of dash pics on this site just like this:

As soon as my gauge is less than 1/2 tank I fill it up.

Interesting. So they can afford a $40-60k truck, but can't afford a few gallons of gas?

• Haha 1

Gas in California has been pretty high - can run over $80 for a tank of regular unleaded... pushing $100 for premium..  I can see where people might put partial tanks in...

I never don't fill all the way up unless there is some extreme situation dictating something else.

The top speed programming is dependent on the wheel and tire packages the truck is built with.

From what I’ve seen, the top end is 112 with 20” wheels. The 22” wheels are 106, and the 18” are 98. Not sure if anything changes because it’s an AT4, or if that holds true for you as well. Either way, plenty quick and not something I’d push on public roads anyway...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Extractor said:

Let me start this topic with a disclaimer, that's there's nothing really WRONG with my new AT4 Carbon pro but there is a big list of annoying quirks that irritate me more and more each drive...

Things I like:

1) Auto 4WD, last truck didn't have, and I missed it from previous one.

2) Quiet, I had a Roush F150 and family hated riding in it. New GMC is silent comparatively.

Things that annoy me...that I didn't know about before buying...

1) Have to turn seat heaters on each time I start truck.  If it knows to do it w remote start by outside temp, why can't it do upon starting???

2) Have to turn heated steering wheel on each time I start truck.  See above

3) Have to turn foglights on every time headlights come on.  

4) Had SERVICE 4WD light come on at 250 miles, disappeared before I could get it to dealer.  May be nothing, but now it's in my head.

5) 24gallon gas tank??? Really??? It's a 6.2 L getting 14 mpg, so every 300 miles I have to stop for gas?  WTF

6) Governor at 98MPH.  I realize governors have a purpose but at 98???

7) Carbon Pro bed which initially I thought would be novel has turned into a headache.  Tonneau cover options are limited, and the texture is too smooth, everything slides around back there.

8)The channel surf button on left side of steering wheel won't follow preset buttons, it will occasionally start scrolling through whatever channels it wants, vs my presets.

9) Sport mode does next to nothing.  At least let it run up to redline instead of shifting whenever it feels like.

10) Auto stop is a pain. Last truck, if I put it in sport mode then auto stop would be shut off.  I know I can push button, but it's still annoying.

I'm 2 weeks in, and I hope there won't be more to add to this list!

Just stupid little things that irritate but that you wouldn't necessarily know about until you've lived with the truck for a few weeks.

I'm not one to keep trucks more than 18 months, but this one will be a challenge to keep that long...

This is hilarious. Pushing a button is too hard? There is this Netflix comedy special w/Ronny Chieng and he addresses  your concerns. You should watch it.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

This is hilarious. Pushing a button is too hard? There is this Netflix comedy special w/Ronny Chieng and he addresses  your concerns. You should watch it.

LOL! Right on. 

13 hours ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

while I dont disagree with you, I think it's more of an annoyance because it's such an easy fix. You can customize your phone, tv, thermostat and even some beds today to your liking. It would be one of those "neat features I leaned about my truck" if you could select a setting for it to stay on. Am I one of those ready to sell my truck over it? no. Do I think they could have made it better in a few spots? yes. 

• Like 1

while I dont disagree with you, I think it's more of an annoyance because it's such an easy fix. You can customize your phone, tv, thermostat and even some beds today to your liking. It would be one of those "neat features I leaned about my truck" if you could select a setting for it to stay on. Am I one of those ready to sell my truck over it? no. Do I think they could have made it better in a few spots? yes. 

I agree with you BUT your name “Belo” reminds me of a very sick politician called “BETO” you may want to change it lol [emoji6]

Sent from Above