In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
i82much

Who else is not that picky?

I have a 2016 crew 2500HD work truck.  I daily drive it and use it as our family vacation mobile.  Kids in the back seat, dogs and luggage underneath the canopy in the back.

I read the forums and a lot of the topics are about how the 6.0 is slow or gets bad gas mileage, how you can’t get a certain option on a certain trim level, how the cooled seats don’t quite keep the moisture off your grundle like they advertise.  And I think, man, my truck is great!  It’s paid for, has no problems, plenty of power for me.  Yeah, the radio is basic, but it’s got power windows and locks, 4.10 gears, no AFM, I mean what else could you want?  

Yeah, the vinyl floors are always dirty and my grundle is as sweaty as ever, but wtf?  I’m good, I like my truck anyway!  

• Like 1

2017 Sierra Base 2500HD here and I agree 100%
And bonus...
The 4WD lever on the floor screams TRUCK!

Sent from the demons in my head

• Like 2

I got a loaded ‘15 and don’t have any complaints. Can’t you still custom order trucks with whatever options you want? I spend more time in my truck then anywhere else so I want it nice. I don’t know who in the hell would complain about mileage or power it does just as good as any 2500 truck. Unless you comparing to to a diesel which I’d stupid. Plus the 6.0 is bulletproof. I trust it more then any diesel in this market which is why I got it for a work truck. Well and it’s way cheaper to run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree - very solid long lasting truck (but it cost some to have that)

I buy a NEW SLT every 3-4 years (now my 3rd / 2015) and just oil changes, air filters, and tires for my maintenance - I trade at 100,000 120,000 and get about 1/2 of what I paid - I say thats a Good Deal  -- Plus I plow snow and tow a 26' boat

Can Hardly wait to by my next 2020 SLT in June or July as the 2021's start arriving !

I have friend with 2500 Fords & Rams BUT the ALL Agree the GMC / Chevy 2500 has the best ride.

off topic - also Chevy together with GMC sell more trucks each year than Ford EVERY YEAR for decades - Fake news that Ford is the #1 Truck Sales !

• Like 3

I have always stated that following the forums (for any vehicle) can be very disheartening. You have to remember that forums are generally populated by those who are having problems with their truck/car/motorhome/boat/plane etc.

I like to consider the fact that you see a few dozen or hundred requests for help or complaints and then think about the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of these vehicles on the road. That helps me put the problem list into perspective.

I'm not saying that there are no legitimate complaints as all vehicles - powered or towed - can have poor designs, faulty parts, frequent breakdowns, and shoddy workmanship (especially as they get older) but you have to weigh everything for a fair evaluation.

Many years ago I was thinking about buying a used motorhome. I went to the forums and almost decided to forget the idea. Fortunately, I proceeded with my purchase and had many fun years with my RV. Did I have some major expenses? YES. Was the motorhome 15 years old? YES. But when any vehicle gets old, problems become more prevalent.

So take forum posts with a grain of salt. If you find valid complaints keep them in mind as you select your vehicle but don't stifle yourself from making a decision solely based on forum comments.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

I appreciate the comments.  I just kind of step back every now and again and think about how much capability you get in the HD gas trucks, it is really something.  The rotors are thick as Dagwood sandwiches and axles as thick as my thigh.  I can't break this sumbitch if I try!

• Like 3

I think you bring a fair statement to the table.

I'll admit - I had a middle-road Sierra 1500 with a few goodies. Not essential to me. I'll also admit as fine as I'd be with a WT, I do like having many of those same non-essentials in my 2500 LT.

Some of the gripes I think are legit, though. As whiny as it is, if you pay cold hard cash for an option, it should f'g work. It is nice to get some posh items, even if on an HD.

As far as AFM and that garbage, folks should quit whining. I hated it on my 1500 anyway. You don't by an HD for fuel economy. I get 11MPG average, 13 on a good day. I wouldn't mind better MPG, but that's not why I bought it.

• Like 1

We have a 2018 LT double cab with the 6.0 and love it. Sure it doesn't have all the amenities as my bosses Denali HD, but ours has everything we needed/wanted. Heated bucket seats, factory auto start, backup camera, and more. My only gripe, if you could call it a gripe would be the exterior color. Our search started in August of 2018 and for new vehicles we were limited to pretty much black or white unless we wanted to travel to the east coast. So we chose black. We went to Wisconsin which was far enough from our home state. The double cab fits in our garage, the crew cab is just barely too long. The gas engine tows our travel trailer just fine the few times a year we use it. We couldn't justify the extra 10 grand for a diesel only to use it as an in-town driver 95% of the year. Overall these trucks are awesome!

• Like 1

I used to buy every two years. I drove a lot for businesses. The driving was my favorite part. I was more of a horsepower than a technology nut. I always had exhaust and usually an aftermarket radio. With A.C and cruise control I was happy. I hate what’s been done to trucks technology wise. After all we’re supposed to be driving, aren’t we? Who cares about album art, we’re not supposed to be looking there anyway. I was happy with just being able to plug in my phone. I couldn’t be happier when I recently found my 02 Avalanche. You can have the new stuff not interested. Same with my wife and her 10 year old Genesis. As long as there’s parts and paint available we’re staying with the old stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am totally picky... but it's for odd mid trim combos to my liking. My 2013 half ton is a LT extended cab but a 6.2 max trailer 3.73 geared truck.  My 2017 is a cloth interior Bose stereo affair... just like how I bought my GMT800 trucks... No loaded luxo barges here

.. I personally find leather disgusting to sit on lol.  It's why they offer options..

• Like 1