In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Illuminated GMC emblem

On 4/9/2020 at 9:31 AM, Maverick0984 said:

It does not.  It's been mentioned in this thread already.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:40 PM, Matt B said:

Anyone ever figure out if the kit comes with a rear logo too?

Yes and no.  The black lighted emblem comes with black matching rear emblems.  Hence, the additional $60+ cost.

The red lighted emblem comes with the front emblem only.

Edited by cdh7917

6 minutes ago, cdh7917 said:

Yes and no.  The black lighted emblem comes with black matching rear emblems.  Hence, the additional $60+ cost.

The red lighted emblem comes with the front emblem only.

Good catch.  ShopChevyParts.com didn't mention it at all but if you look up the same Part #, you can see a better picture of both here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-GMC-Sierra-Illuminated-Front-Grille-Emblem-84741559-Black-OEM-GM-INSTK-/264632076800

1 minute ago, Maverick0984 said:

Good catch.  ShopChevyParts.com didn't mention it at all but if you look up the same Part #, you can see a better picture of both here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-GMC-Sierra-Illuminated-Front-Grille-Emblem-84741559-Black-OEM-GM-INSTK-/264632076800

Yep, and the rear emblems that come with the kit have alignment pins that would need to be nipped off to use on a Multi-Pro tailgate.

At least I assume that's what the pins are for.  I had already purchased the black emblem kit (long before the lighted black kit was an option) for Multi-Pro and those rear emblems have no alignment pins.

1 minute ago, cdh7917 said:

Yep, and the rear emblems that come with the kit have alignment pins that would need to be nipped off to use on a Multi-Pro tailgate.

At least I assume that's what the pins are for.  I had already purchased the black emblem kit (long before the lighted black kit was an option) for Multi-Pro and those rear emblems have no alignment pins.

Interesting because these emblems would only fit Sierra's with the Multi-Pro tailgate.  Are there 2019+ trucks that aren't the old body style that don't have the tailgate?  I guess I thought it was standard.

My AT4 is black and went back and forth with red or black for a few days before deciding on red.  I didn't want to have to replace red tow hooks and AT4 emblems as well so went with red.  Also liked the contrast.

Just now, Maverick0984 said:

Interesting because these emblems would only fit Sierra's with the Multi-Pro tailgate.  Are there 2019+ trucks that aren't the old body style that don't have the tailgate?  I guess I thought it was standard.

My AT4 is black and went back and forth with red or black for a few days before deciding on red.  I didn't want to have to replace red tow hooks and AT4 emblems as well so went with red.  Also liked the contrast.

Maybe this emblem kit is a cross-over part from a Yukon or similar?  I don't really know as I don't pay much attention to the SUV side of the house.

But, I can tell you with 100% certainty that my regular black emblem kit came with rear emblems that have no alignment pins.  The set that came with the lighted emblem has alignment pins. 

As for your comment re: red tow hooks...I had mine re-powdercoated gloss black on my AT4 HD.  I also debadged, so I really don't have much red left except what is left on the Duramax fender emblems.

12 minutes ago, cdh7917 said:

Maybe this emblem kit is a cross-over part from a Yukon or similar?  I don't really know as I don't pay much attention to the SUV side of the house.

But, I can tell you with 100% certainty that my regular black emblem kit came with rear emblems that have no alignment pins.  The set that came with the lighted emblem has alignment pins. 

As for your comment re: red tow hooks...I had mine re-powdercoated gloss black on my AT4 HD.  I also debadged, so I really don't have much red left except what is left on the Duramax fender emblems. 

Nice.  I'll probably end up going the opposite direction and get the calipers powdercoated red :)

These really are beautiful trucks.  Any color combination looks great to be honest.

Edited by Maverick0984
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, steve841 said:

Damn ... I couldn't resist.  I just ordered mine.

Hoping to have an easier time removing the old emblem without destroying it. 

I'd say it's not possible unless you remove the grill, which doesn't look to be too difficult but I didn't attempt.  And even if you decide to switch back, you can order another one like your original.  So the risk isn't that great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys! 

So I just installed my Emblem as well. I had to order mine off of Ebay because they are sold out/ back ordered on the sites everyone provided in this thread. Couple of things I'd like to point out that I discovered on my own experience , and I really hope everyone considered. 

1.) Yes its true, you do not need to remove the grill, nor do I recommend it. I know.. I know... Shortcuts are not always the best, but this will save time, and avoid any hassle, and room for error if you have never removed the 2020 sierra grill before. So If you can, feel free to leave the grill on. Or if you want to add to your man stats, then take the grill off.. 

2.) The inner red letters should be removed, and for me -made it easier to remove the outer emblem assembly. Why? Well the tabs that hold the emblem in place have to be bent back with a screwdriver behind the grill. You can not do this with out the great risk of damaging the retaining tabs that are apart of the grill that hold in the emblem. So think of it like this- Break the old emblem that you are replacing anyway , and still have a grill that is not damaged to secure the new emblem? Or damage the grill that can not longer hold any emblem? If your sentimental like me. Be as gentle as possible, and crazy glue what you can of the old emblem back together and make something creative with it. Worst case if you break the old emblem, you can buy a new one. I do not think they are as nearly as expensive as the illuminated ones.. 

3.) As the original post mentioned. Make sure you do not run the wire through the grill shudders. I posted a picture of where they are below.

Hope everyone is safe and sound during this hard time! 

Andrew - 

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3777.jpg

Edited by Denali2020
New info

I know this thread is for real truck owners, but I do like the new emblem. I ordered one for my 2016 Yukon XL Denali. The logo arrived last night and I feverishly hooked up the plug'n'play harness that accompanies it. Long story short, it was integrated to my turn signal. I re-spliced the jumpers off the signal and onto the feed for my marker lamps. Seems to work now, but I can not tell it is on in the daylight. Obviously it is more noticeable at night. Also the logo illuminates when I turn on my fog light. might have to try another wire that is hot when parking lights are on. 

Question. 

Is the brightness/intensity satisfactory for you?

I wish it was a little more intense. Maybe it is not meant for a 12V setup. I will figure out mounting later.

spacer.png

If this comes together, I will update with some better pics.