Driver Info Center Buttons Not Working

I have a 2005 Denali, the DIC info, reset/select buttons are not working. All other steering buttons work, and just for good measure I guess. I have replaced the button itself, steering wheel wire harness, and clockspring. All with new oem dealer parts. After all that unfortunately I did confirm that the application of the buttons do indicate a ground interference, (as it should) at the 4 wires where each button feeds into the cluster. Local dealer provided no help. They pretty much told me that it sounded like I knew more than they did, and they would have to start buying parts. Throwing parts is getting costly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Currently my info is stuck on French. Dealer told me it might be cheaper to learn French. ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking the issue is most likely in the cluster. All of the info wires indicate good interruption indication with the meter when pressed up to the plug at the back of the cluster. I talked to a guy who rebuilds clusters, and he also said that there is a weak point there that he would check if I set the cluster to him for a rebuild. I'm thinking I'm going to send it to him and keep my fingers crossed in hopes that he finds and can correct the problem. Maybe this 4th 100.00+ fix will be the charm. ? From what I can see it looks like it can very possibly be in the cluster. I wish I had tested info signal wires to the cluster prior to the previous 3 repairs. ? Thank you for the diagram best I can tell it gives me a little more confirmation that it could be the cluster.

• 1 year later...

2011 Silverado 2500HD: DIC buttons on dash not working. The check mark button works but not the other 3

Second issue: Cruise control button on steering wheel doesn’t work. Light turns on on the button but cruise control doesn’t engage. What is the code/name for the cruise control fuse (if that is the issue) or what could be the problem 

• 1 year later...