Where is your go-to place for exhaust purchase? Borla

I think I have finally decided that I want to go with the Borla S-type exhaust (using factory tip valences).  I've never bought an exhaust system before, just done the straight pipe route at a muffler shop on the 2014 I had.  So far, it appears the best price I have found is at Summit Racing. $1,177.00 w/ free   Their $100 off Coupon isn't good on Borla.

Is there any other places that have better pricing or offer discounts on these systems, or any vendors here that offer a discount to the membership here?

Thanks

I just Google searched my Borla part #, found the lowest price available, usually all the websites were the same, then would find a site that had a discount/promo code for like 10% off, and then I had Summit match that price, So i was getting a better price, but from a reputable dealer.  Think I got my carbon tip s-type for $1750, when it was $1900 all day long on every website.  Just have to prove to Summit that the promo code works for whatever website and they'll price match.

Edited by Swiftks

8 hours ago, Swiftks said:

I just Google searched my Borla part #, found the lowest price available, usually all the websites were the same, then would find a site that had a discount/promo code for like 10% off, and then I had Summit match that price, So i was getting a better price, but from a reputable dealer.  Think I got my carbon tip s-type for $1750, when it was $1900 all day long on every website.  Just have to prove to Summit that the promo code works for whatever website and they'll price match.

If I was to replace my cat back exhaust this is similar to what I'd want with the exception I'd want the True Dual system, unfortunately theres non avail for the crew cab standard bed

Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust System - 140779BC

Edited by snork

1 hour ago, snork said:

If I was to replace my cat back exhaust this is similar to what I'd want with the exception I'd want the True Dual system, unfortunately theres non avail for the crew cab standard bed

Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust System - 140779BC

So you have a crew cab / standard bed?  So it looks like you talking about 10" more or less more in the bed.... Honestly, if I was in your position here's what I would do. 

Since the catback system you have referenced comes in pieces, you should be able to make up the 10" length difference with extra pipe, before or after the muffler, or maybe before the tips, or maybe some combination of all three.... the bends should all be the same, you just need to add some length somewhere.  If it where me, I'd call Borla, ask to speak to their tech department, and get the diameter of the tubing they are using for this catback system, then order additional T-304 stainless steel tubing in the same diameter:  https://www.borla.com/products/stainless_steel_straight_tubing.html

Then take everything to a local muffler shop, explain what you need, and have them cut and weld everything in place, and not worry about the clamps and crap.... that's what I did, minus the extra piping.  I had everything welded in.  It'll be more of a custom fit exhaust, but I don't see why it shouldn't be do-able.  Like I said, you're more or less just adding some straight pipe in one place or maybe a couple smaller places.... just some cuts and welds, but needs to be the same size pipe, and preferably the same material.

Edited by Swiftks
  • Like 1

I’ve been going to the same bender for 40years. Autopro. Even in NJ I used a bender. The only mail order was banks for a diesel. Couldn’t get large enough pipe at the bender. 

You’re right, nothing beats an exhaust shop.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Yep! I love my guys too.

I’m in market for new exhaust too. I currently had them weld in a flow master 40 with over axle dumps, but I want more throaty now. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Double Cab, Standard bed 5.3.  I am in a smaller rural area, that really doesn't have any great exhaust shops or places that do a lot of custom/performance stuff.  It's your typical place that just does replacements due to wear, that typically use their stock pipes. (Junk) and they never have any quality mufflers on hand.

I was looking specifically at the 140769 S-Type Catback

On 2/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, Vmax08 said:

Just got my Borla 140773 (uses stock tips) for a 2020 Sierra crew cab w/6.2 for 959.41 delivered from these guys. They are having a winter sale code wintersale2020.

https://rcagarage.com/

Can't wait to get it installed.

How did you find that website?  It's extremely slow but the pricing seems good.  Never heard of them before. 

I was searching the web for the Borla part number and came across the site.

I ordered it on Tuesday and had it the next day. I communicated with Adam there via e-mail & he was very helpful. They do require a signature upon delivery

Got the exhaust on today and love it. Had the same system on my 2014 Double cab with the 6.2.