Tonneau cover that works with the Sport Bar ?

I tried posting under another thread and didn't hear any responses, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

I bought a 2020 Custom Trail Boss with a crew cab and regular length bed, and I need a roll-up tonneau cover that works with the factory sport bar that is installed.

Anyone know of a soft roll-up tonneau cover that works with a regular length bed and the chevy sport bar? 

I contacted Gator Covers (gatorcovers.com) and they said that the only soft tonneau that the sell which works with the sport bars, is model "TRX-572601" Lo-Pro TruXedo cover, and they sent me this link since they side their website isn't updated yet:

https://realtruck.com/p/truxedo-lo-pro-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2020/

Of course that is a $500 cover and I was looking for a $250 cover....

I was hoping this one would work: https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-srx-roll-up-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2020/

but they said it wouldn't.

This looks similar also.  It's not from gator, so maybe it could work?

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/autoanything-select-soft-roll-up-tonneau-cover

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 2:03 PM, Railroad_Jim said:

I contacted Gator Covers (gatorcovers.com) and they said that the only soft tonneau that the sell which works with the sport bars, is model "TRX-572601" Lo-Pro TruXedo cover, and they sent me this link since they side their website isn't updated yet:

https://realtruck.com/p/truxedo-lo-pro-tonneau-cover/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2020/

Of course that is a $500 cover and I was looking for a $250 cover....

Well, I spent the $500 and ordered the "TRX-572601" Lo-Pro TruXedo cover from realtruck.com .

They were great to deal with and price matched elsewhere.

The instructions were a little lame, but I figured out how to install the rails and the cover.  It's a pretty neat design, with automatic tension adjustment built into the rails.  Being that it was near freezing when I installed it, the tensioners were almost all the way in.  The rails fit nicely, and everything seems to be sealed well against the weather.

For the bad news, although the mounting rail system works fine, the Sport Bar makes it a pain in the butt to roll the cover down.  As you're rolling the cover from the cab towards the tailgate, it won't fit past the Sports Bar.  You have to re-roll some of it, unhook the velcro for about a foot, then clumsily wave it around in the air, until it fits past the sports bar.  Then, you need to carefully push down the cover against the velcro towards the cab, keeping the tension correct, working up to where the roll it.  Once the roll is past the Sports Bar and the tension is taken care of, you can unroll the rest of it as normal.  It's a pain.

The other downside is that the automatic dropping of the tailgate doesn't happen, due to the extra tension of the seal across the top of the tailgate.  But, all covers probably cause that to happen.

19 hours ago, Railroad_Jim said:

Well, I spent the $500 and ordered the "TRX-572601" Lo-Pro TruXedo cover from realtruck.com .

They were great to deal with and price matched elsewhere.

The instructions were a little lame, but I figured out how to install the rails and the cover.  It's a pretty neat design, with automatic tension adjustment built into the rails.  Being that it was near freezing when I installed it, the tensioners were almost all the way in.  The rails fit nicely, and everything seems to be sealed well against the weather.

For the bad news, although the mounting rail system works fine, the Sport Bar makes it a pain in the butt to roll the cover down.  As you're rolling the cover from the cab towards the tailgate, it won't fit past the Sports Bar.  You have to re-roll some of it, unhook the velcro for about a foot, then clumsily wave it around in the air, until it fits past the sports bar.  Then, you need to carefully push down the cover against the velcro towards the cab, keeping the tension correct, working up to where the roll it.  Once the roll is past the Sports Bar and the tension is taken care of, you can unroll the rest of it as normal.  It's a pain.

The other downside is that the automatic dropping of the tailgate doesn't happen, due to the extra tension of the seal across the top of the tailgate.  But, all covers probably cause that to happen.

i don't have the sport bar nor a tonneau cover (i'm still on the fence of whether to buy a cover or not). that being said, check out http://truckalterations.com/ to see if they carry the cover that is recommended; if you email them with what you want (so long as they carry it), they will give a good price on the item. i've reached out to them on a few things and for the tonneau cover i was looking at was $960 on amazon and they were offering it to me for $780 with free shipping