In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Limelight

Onboard compressor and some other stuff

aZPHCqs.jpg

I carried this mod over from my 2019 T1 that I traded in. 

ARB compressor mounted in the underseat storage box.. The ARB is an awesome little guy.  Also have an auxiliary fuse box there for future mods...

7vZb8US.jpg
kL3hqVW.jpg
sldjDvP.jpg
htMAQZF.jpg
ETG3Plc.jpg

Also mounted a group 24 battery box under the hood to store jumper cables/tow straps/etc.  I just drilled a small hole in the box and bolted it into an existing hole in the tray...

zpTb9pm.jpg
P1W2boJ.jpg

Edited by Limelight
  • Like 8

Look's good - what under seat storage is that ?? Now I know were a battery case is going. Thanks

• Thanks 1

Very nice! Clean and subtle. 

Where did you get the battery box, is it factory?

• Like 1

Looks great! I had also put a battery box under the hood and it fits like a glove. It’s a nice storage area for that type of stuff.

I too, keep a compressor onboard but mine is a portable 12V.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

Look's good - what under seat storage is that ?? Now I know were a battery case is going. Thanks

Thanks!  It's GM part #84734683   It came as an add-on accessory with my 1500.  Fits both!

42 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Very nice! Clean and subtle. 

Where did you get the battery box, is it factory?

Thanks!

I actually got it at PepBoys, lol.  It's a NORCO 24 Group box.  Nice thing about it is the top latches.  I filed the front latch smooth(er) so it unclips easily allowing the rear latch to bend and act like a hinge...

Edited by Limelight

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

How are you liking the new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it’s Awesome except for the power steering noise it’s had since I got home- the day I got it.  

Dealer says they have no fix yet. It’s in the trouble shooting thread...

Otherwise it’s so nice. Powerful, smooth, comfortable.  My girls say it’s fancy and mean, lol

• Like 2

I’m glad it worked out for you. I’m still waiting on my case. Which reminds me I should give my lawyer a tickle. I don’t remember if you mentioned it but what made you go for the 2500?

1 minute ago, Thejet07 said:

I don’t remember if you mentioned it but what made you go for the 2500?

cSSjmUz.jpg

Towing this was not a wonderful experience in the 1500.  37' 7800lbs.  At one point I had to merge up a hill and I had people giving me the finger as they passed me (Baltimore baby!) because I could NOT get up to speed.  I have never floored a vehicle that long in my life, lol.  Seriously though, with the 5.3 and standard gearset, even with almost 10,000 lb tow rating it wasn't an ideal setup.

The 2500 should have been my choice all along, but I didn't plan on such a big camper.  Call it a lesson learned!

Makes sense. She a beaut. Did you go with diesel? What’s the gas like? Sorry for all the questions. I don’t tow much but I may in the future so just weighing my options. Thanks

34 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Makes sense. She a beaut. Did you go with diesel? What’s the gas like? Sorry for all the questions. I don’t tow much but I may in the future so just weighing my options. Thanks

No diesel, it's the 6.6 gas.

Great!  It reminds me of a good old fashioned V8 engine- before all the electronic stuff.  Always has power with minimal pedal input.  Smooth.  Sounds good.  With the traction control off it'll positively roast the tires off, lol.  Can't wait till it's broken in.  My 5.3 really woke up after a few thousand miles, I'm curious to see if this will as well.  I also love the 36 gal tank, really a must for towing heavier stuff.

The 6 speed is waaay smoother than my 8 sp was- and I wasn't a complainer about that tranny- but wow what a difference!  No more clunkiness so far.

• Like 1

This might be the first time I've ever been sad to have a diesel. Well, not really, but I really want do that battery box mod. That's some crafty stuff. Unfortunately, I have a battery there, lol.

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, Limelight said:

Well it’s Awesome except for the power steering noise it’s had since I got home- the day I got it.  

Dealer says they have no fix yet. It’s in the trouble shooting thread...

Otherwise it’s so nice. Powerful, smooth, comfortable.  My girls say it’s fancy and mean, lol

Same problem on my new Sierra 3500 AT4. 

14 minutes ago, blamkin86 said:

Same problem on my new Sierra 3500 AT4. 

I’ve started the whole process with GM  Now GM  says it’s a normal noise- even though the dealer has confirmed that it isn’t. They even wrote that on the repair invoice. I assume if they refuse to fix it a LL lawyer will have a field day with that. Lol. 

Posted (edited)

I love those factory rims on LTZ and option on LT.....I am in same boat, bought a 1500 when I knew I wanted/needed a 2500 (payload not towing)...waiting for December, what do you get for lightly used 19....I know you sold yours or traded it fairly quickly....did you take a big hit on it?

hard to believe you have to go all way up to LTZ for LED.....believe its option on LT but still

Edited by Dunn