In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Brando Vasquez

Katzkin Self Install on 2019 Silverado

Maybe around 15 hours total. It’s possible to do it over a weekend, especially with help. 

I’ve been wanting leather on my last 3 vehicles eBay has some pretty good prices on the Seat covers 

On 2/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, lerbud said:

These are the seat covers I bought.  They have a GM part# on each piece so it was easy to match up since there are no instructions.  No special tools needed to install.  Everything these days clips or zipppers in place.  The hardest job to me is the front headrest cover install.  The rear headrests were super easy.   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-NEW-TAKEOFF-OEM-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-CREW-CAB-LEATHER-SEAT-COVER-SET/223803853359?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I'm trying to figure out how the guy ended up with 20 sets of leather GM seat covers.....................

A lot of people like to put custom leather in their vehicles. They may be an installer with left overs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The process is really simple not hard to get done also did factory leather swap from this guy and turned out great

D79F57FC-BFD0-4BCD-AA91-C83A17250943.png

F920DC98-0568-4893-A9C5-66ECC6AA73A6.png

• Like 1

Would you guys recommend installing them yourself or getting it done through a Katzkin installer? Does it still come with the three-year warranty if you install them yourself?

On 2/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, Brando Vasquez said:

FA939726-67F6-43E7-A6A6-EF75708E5510.jpeg

On 2/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, lerbud said:

I installed oem leather take offs I bought on ebay.  They fit perfect with no issues installing them.  I have done a couple other trucks so I knew what I was in for.  Only real snag I ran into was how to unplug the front seats.  I never figured it out so I loosed the bolts holding it down and did them in the truck.  You can google how to do the K2XX trucks and the process is very similar.  On the rear seats the T1 has an upper part of the seat and a lower part.  I would watch this video for better info:  

I just had a custom shop do mine - love them. However, I have a slight squeak/rattle coming from the backseat now. I took the truck back and they "tightened everything up" but it still does it every once in a while. Only when driving slow over a bumpy road or railroad track. Almost sounds like the backseat is moving or loose. Any thoughts on what it could be? Ill probably take a look at it myself this weekend.

It could be the rear headrests making noise.  Fold them down and see if that fixes it.  If that works spread the headrest posts out a little and reinstall.

13 minutes ago, lerbud said:

It could be the rear headrests making noise.  Fold them down and see if that fixes it.  If that works spread the headrest posts out a little and reinstall.

This could be it.. but it has a more metal sound to it. I did try removing the headrests completely and that didn't fix it. 

I'm thinking about maybe putting some rubber washers on all the bolts.