T1 Used market. Custom TB fetching more the LT

Ill keep my issues with GM aside but I took a look around online(auto trader, Cars.com). From what I have seen in my area(North East), Same mileage Custom Trailboss seem to be fetching 10% more in the used market.  Any reason why a base LT seems to not holds its value as well as the custom trailboss? Not trying to make a dig at the LT models, generally just curious. 10-15k V8 custom TB's seem to still fetch 36-40ish in my area, where you can find a same mileage LT for low to mid 30s. 

29 minutes ago, TXSquid said:

Asking price or actual selling price? Just because they are listing them higher doesn't mean they are getting it.

Going by selling price. Using what I see them listed for. I don't know what they actually sell for but it seems they all trend the same within a 300 miles radius. 

Because the LT is the volume trim on the Silverado, and they discount the hell out of them new. The Trail Boss doesn't receive as many discounts and incentives. Higher selling price new = higher selling price on the used market. 

8 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Because the LT is the volume trim on the Silverado, and they discount the hell out of them new. The Trail Boss doesn't receive as many discounts and incentives. Higher selling price new = higher selling price on the used market. 

Makes sense, But my Custom TB is was less then a base model LT even after rebates. 

Edited by ct_corey
bad info

Short answer is because they can, even though the CTB is bare bones, they were a special package and look better.

LT is a basic well equipped package that will be sold in high volume, they never hold their value like a LTZ or High Country.  It's still up for debate how the RST will hold up over time.

Resale value is one of the main reasons I'll be jumping into a LTZ package versus LT.

Edited by pewterliftedz