In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Silverado safety package

My dealer in the STL area has a 2020 Silverado Northsky Blue, CC LT TB with the bucket seats, safety package, bed protection pkg, and some other stuff.  

https://www.elcochevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2020-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT_Trail_Boss-Ballwin-MO/3536940513

If you want, I can hook you up with my salesman there.  

I have a 2020 trail boss with safety package. It was hard to find on my 19 and 20. I will say the blind spot part of it works great but the bumper sensors are awful. The front ones are constantly going off even if there is nothing in front of me. And yesterday we had good snow and the slightest bit if snow or ice the bumper sensors go haywire. I hope it's just a software issue. Also if you get the safety package you can't get tow mirrors after the fact if you want them is what I am told.

Also I have noticed my back bumper sensors beep but the front ones don't when I get close to something. So again maybe a software update.

So I wouldn't as long as you know these issues going in I would say it's a nice feature but I kind of wish I didn't pay $1k for it and had got the tow mirrors instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

If far enough along in the decision process that you have both 'inclusions' and 'exclusions' see a dealer. 

Might as well have them earn their margin. 

Their software likely still has the ability to do exclusions (iirc, the public one used to do that too)

You'll soon know if they can find one or if an order is required.

Might be a good time find out what their trade-in value is too. 

2 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I have a 2020 trail boss with safety package. It was hard to find on my 19 and 20. I will say the blind spot part of it works great but the bumper sensors are awful. The front ones are constantly going off even if there is nothing in front of me. And yesterday we had good snow and the slightest bit if snow or ice the bumper sensors go haywire. I hope it's just a software issue. Also if you get the safety package you can't get tow mirrors after the fact if you want them is what I am told.

Also I have noticed my back bumper sensors beep but the front ones don't when I get close to something. So again maybe a software update.

So I wouldn't as long as you know these issues going in I would say it's a nice feature but I kind of wish I didn't pay $1k for it and had got the tow mirrors instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Bumper sensors don't like snow and crap on them. 

Probably one of the reasons for the 'off' button, and for them being disabled about 5 mph.

You may have an issue with them, but the front and rear bumper sensors detection zones and warning zones are intended to operate at different distances.  (rear zones are longer / further than the front zones)

The thing I’ve noticed with the dual exhaust...if you remote start in cold weather, the sensors get condensation from the warm exhaust and then it freezes on there and goes haywire. The whole system is sort of annoying in the winter but keeping the truck clean helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneybaker said:

Not delivers to dealer yet, it’s at rail yard in Kc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can still be dealt on and sold. If it’s truly what you want you should at least try to deal on it before someone else might get it. 

Edited by spizike9