2016 - Will rear bumper from Silverado fit a Sierra?

So my rear bumper (16 Sierra crew cab All Terrain SLT 6.2) got hit and it's not fixable. The best quote I got was $1300 for the new outside bumper shell and to have it painted to match my Olympic white Sierra. I found a Rough Country bumper that I like, but RC only made it for the Silverado. They never offered anything for the 16 Sierra and said they wont until late this year or 2021.

So the Silverado and Sierra are made on the same assembly line. The frame rails are both the same, the bed I think is the same. Other than the tailgate and tail-lights I think they are the same and I "think" the bumpers are the same and can swap over. Can anyone tell me for sure, will a bumper from a Silverado fit a Sierra. My hope is it will, then all I have to do is swap my trailer harness and backup sensors over to the new bumper and life will be grand again.

What can you all say, is this gonna work?

Edited by TJay74
typo

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Do they have a return policy if it does not fit?

If they made it for the Silverado, should fit, but if they say no, would go with they say.

I didnt ask that question, but RC also said they never tried and that "think" the brackets and the bumper are different. I know the front ones are, but the back bumpers on each truck look the same.

1 minute ago, TJay74 said:

I didnt ask that question, but RC also said they never tried and that "think" the brackets and the bumper are different. I know the front ones are, but the back bumpers on each truck look the same.

I agree on the looks.

Do you have any dealers in your area that carry their products? I would start there to make sure.

They list Redneck Trailer Supplies as the nearest retailer:

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm

Address:
1202 Pikes Peak Road
Chickasha, OK 73018
Map

Contact Branch Online

Phone: (405) 224-2195
Fax: (405) 224-0622

Branch Manager:
Travis Gibson

Assistant Manager:
Pam Tucker

51 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Yes. It will work. Same PN 23108142, check fitment list below if you want. 

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-rear-bumper-23108142

You freaking rock sir. Now to find out what else I need and how much the powder coater wants to coat it white.

Powder would be the way to go. A fallen leaf will chip the paint on these things. Hope you can save some money I was $2,650 CAD all in for my painted front bumper, paid for via buddies boat insurance mind you but still. I had to drive around for 3 months with a dented bumper, I felt like I was driving naked in a very cold glass car. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, L86 All Terrain said:

Powder would be the way to go. A fallen leaf will chip the paint on these things. Hope you can save some money I was $2,650 CAD all in for my painted front bumper, paid for via buddies boat insurance mind you but still. I had to drive around for 3 months with a dented bumper, I felt like I was driving naked in a very cold glass car. 

This is the rear and wont be an OEM bumper. Aftermarket paint on bumpers does lots better than the factory paint since they can use Urethane based paint. This bumper is already painted in black, but I would rather go with white for it to match the truck better.

TJay74,

I recently went through the rear bumper assembly game for my 2016 Sierra Denali with White Frost Tricoat Paint. I am in Dallas and found a guy on Facebook Marketplace that had my color of bumper off a wreck for $350 and I paid $200 to have it installed. It was in near perfect shape and is OEM with all the backup sensors/black inserts, matching OEM paint and all. I wish you the best but you might check out Marketplace for your area... If you are in the DFW area I will share the guys contact with you as well

Michael

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

TJay74,

I recently went through the rear bumper assembly game for my 2016 Sierra Denali with White Frost Tricoat Paint. I am in Dallas and found a guy on Facebook Marketplace that had my color of bumper off a wreck for $350 and I paid $200 to have it installed. It was in near perfect shape and is OEM with all the backup sensors/black inserts, matching OEM paint and all. I wish you the best but you might check out Marketplace for your area... If you are in the DFW area I will share the guys contact with you as well

Michael

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Thank you, I went thru my local salvage yard and no one has a bumper for my truck in stock that is in good enough condition. I found one, but the guy said it was in rough shape paint wise. By the time I have it shipped to me in Oklahoma City and then pay for the repaint it will be almost as much as a new OEM bumper.

I am going to get the Rough Country rear bumper, I like the looks of it. Once painted white it will blend in with the truck really well.

• 3 weeks later...