2020 Silverado Duramax RST 3" Superlift / Fuel Rebel / Toyo Open Country M/T

IMG_1410.thumb.jpg.3237f4875ae2ae22b778d80276c6f69a.jpgIMG_1064.thumb.jpg.85bdf5d2a4d6a6c5c8c3d36259af038a.jpg

Recently made the transition from a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab Short Bed to a 2020 Silverado Z71 Duramax 3.0 RST Crew Cab. Just completed the lift and wheel/tire package. Here are the details and some photos. The 10mm Bora spacers are arriving today and will install those. Overall, the truck rides great. I had Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Tacoma and currently have 33" BFG Mud Terrain's on my '00 lifted Wrangler Sahara. after about 100mi, I'm pleased with the Toyo's. Will be getting an alignment next week even though it rides pretty straight.

CUSTOM OFFSETS:

- Toyo Open Country MT LT295/60/20

- Fuel Rebel 20x10 -18mm 6x5.5 matte dark bronze

- Bora aluminum 0.375 spacers

- Setup is very similar to this

SUPERLIFT:

- 3" lift kit for '19-'20 Silverado.

I removed both mud flaps. There's a lot of rub up front, most all of it is against the felt wheel well liner. I will pull that back and likely end up putting the mud flaps back on. I plan to add some sort of running board/step as the truck is pretty high and the step up into it is not easy.

Feel free to ask any questions or let me know if I missed anything. As far as the truck, I have about 700mi on it and really enjoy driving it. The torque and effortless power from the diesel is amazing. First 50mi road trip from Boston to Cape Cod I got 31.8mpg. This is mostly flat and I was making a conscious effort to achieve good economy.

-Frank

Edited by FrankK986
Fix text inline w/photos
  • Like 8

Just got a Duramax as well and was starting to do research.

Were there any deviations from the instructions or did they fully apply regardless of gas/diesel?  How long for the install?

looks great!

edit: The link you have to the kit says it does not work with 2019 diesels.  What did you do to get past this?

Edited by afterburner82

If it makes a difference, I didn’t get the Bilstein’s. It worked just fine w/the Diesel.

I was busy un-installing my Tacoma lift while a buddy of mine did this. He’s a mechanic by trade and said as far as lifts go, it was fairly involved but not too difficult. If you search for ‘Superlift Silverado 19’ there is a great video of the install. There’s a few nuances to pay attention to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Perfect looking setup! Thanks for sharing. I too just purchased the 3.0 Diesel.

My last truck was a 2015 GMC 6.2 4x4, a bit faster, but i'm digging on driving this new diesel, especially @ the low end.

Also I love the 10 speed trans way smoother than my old 8 speed clunker!

Mike

Wow! Perfect looking setup! Thanks for sharing. I too just purchased the 3.0 Diesel.
My last truck was a 2015 GMC 6.2 4x4, a bit faster, but i'm digging on driving this new diesel, especially @ the low end.
Also I love the 10 speed trans way smoother than my old 8 speed clunker!

Mike

Thank you! And yes, that 10spd is super smooth. Much better engine/trans combo that my ‘18 Tacoma.

I'm not usually a fan of that color wheel, but your truck looks awesome man.  Congrats!

Thank you! I wasn’t either, but searched Custom Offset’s site and found the exact same setup and really like it. Won’t (m)any folks in Boston with this setup, that’s for sure.

I've personally had my eye on some Fuel Kicker's but can't stomach pulling the trigger on a new set of wheels when my current tires have ~400 miles on them.  

I think they would look great with the Red Quartz. 

Just googled - beautiful wheel. Like the bronze! Good luck making a decision [emoji6]

WOW!!! That is a nice looking rig man...The mods and wheels are super tasteful. 

Much appreciated! Ordering the Rough Country HD2 running boards - the lift added quite a bit of height whereas it’s become a little uncomfortable to get in the truck, especially for my wife! However, really like how it came out.