In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Bedrug!

Hey everybody! First post here. Bought my 19 Silverado RST 2.7 in July and have been very happy other than the multiple recalls.... But overall the trucks been great. This engine is so crazy smooth.. Incredible on fuel and plenty of power. 16k  km and no real issues. 

But thought I'd post about my bedrug, when I was looking into mine I had trouble finding any sort of real reviews on them, but bought it anyways.

First off.. The install is not as easy as they say. Yes I did it myself but it was quite difficult especially with a spray in bedliner, and the zipper that attaches the bottom to the sides is a huge bitch, but after about 2 hours I had it installed and was happy. The quality is fantasic, it feels like a very well built product, surprisingly tough and can handle just about anything. 

I probably wouldn't recommend using one if you use your truck for lots of landscaping style jobs as it would be difficult to keep it clean, but has held up great since August for me hauling my quad, tools, and other everyday items. 

No matter what I always get questions about it, and it looks really sharp. Very happy with my purchase.

IMG_20191216_161241.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smoothbassman said:

I went with the bedrug mat since I had the spray in liner already. I love those things. Nothing slides around in there and they are great for tailgating, drive-in movies and truck bed camping. 

Yea i love the fact i can put stuff back there and not worry about it sliding around. Haven't taken it camping yet but got a few planned, very excited to have it.

I have the factory spray in liner and also went with the bed rug mat. It has enough slide that I can slip things in the back with out scratching them but with enough grip so things don't slide around. I also have a piece of a old rubber bed mat about 15" wide by the width of the bed that I use to give extra traction if needed. I really like the bed mat.

I got the spray in liner and was thinking of just opting for the floor portion of the bed rug.  just to keep the stuff from sliding around and to give padded protection on the floor for tailgating.  did not know how it covered the multi pro tailgate.

• 1 year later...

looks great! I just installed one on my 2018 Silverado and love it so far.

Pros:

- Looks awesome 

- Good for the dogs, concerts, tailgating.

- Quite impressed with the quality and feel of it, as others have noted. High-end feel. 

removable, washable 

- I like that there's not a ton of slide for cargo as well, that's useful.

no concern about scratching sensitive cargo 

Cons: 

- Install took some time but that was mostly on me for being tedious. took me about 3 hours, but if i were to do it again i could bang it out in half that time. easy on the knees at least.  

- Would not want to put dirt in here as you'd definitely need to wash it after, but most anything else could be vacuumed up pretty easily it seems. 

- will have to see how it holds up to rust and other negatives, but will be looking for it. 

I had a full bed rug in my 2018 because it had no spray in bed liner.  I loved it.  With a tonneau cover, it was like a big trunk.  Now I have a 2021 with a spray in liner and I only got the bed rug mat.  Doesn’t look as good as the full bed rug, but it’s still a great product that make my bed one really nice big trunk.  Most of what I haul is my golf clubs and my golf push cart.  Works great for that.  It’s nice how things slide on it just enough. It’s also nice because, unlike the bed rug, the spray in liner was rough enough to tear up my golf bag were I to slide it into the bed.

I have been using Bed Rug for 15 years (used the first one on my 2007 Sierra and my 2012 Sierra) also on my 2018 Sierra.

All 4 trucks had a A.R.E. fiberglass tonneau cover.  Like GN2018 said its like a big trunk to secure your gear.  You can also velcro to the fabric.  Excellent fit and finish and holds up great.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had BedRugs in my last three trucks (2101 Tacoma, 2016 Tacoma and 2018 GMC Canyon) and one is going in my new 21021 Sierra Denali  as well. What sold me on the BedRug is its durability and quality. Back in 2015 I hauled 40 Boston butts right out of the cooker to an event about 45 miles away. When I got to the event, I had about a half inch of pork drippings in the bed of the truck. I put the front wheels on my ramps when I got home and started to clean. I began with a garage broom, a liberal amount of hot water and Dawn dish soap. Next came my pressure washer and straight Awesome. Finally I used  my bride's bissel rug shampooer and more Dawn. I left the truck on the ramps for two days in the sun to let gravity work on the water. When it dried all the pork grease was gone and within a month the smell was too. Incidentally, that BedRug was not covered during my ownership and never faded. When I traded, it looked and felt as good as the day I bought it. The BedRug in my 16 Taco wasn't treated nearly as bad and it survived several hunting trips where it insulated me from those cold North Carolina winter nights. The BedRug liner is a very worthwhile investment and, if you treat it right, will add value to your truck at selling time. When your BedRug arrives, stretch it out in the sun for an afternoon before installing it, the install will go a lot easier.

If you have a candle laying around the shop, rub it on the teeth of the zippers and they will close a lot easier. Use all the hook & loop fasteners that come with the BedRug - don't skimp. Enjoy your new investment, it will give you years of service and it doesn't look too shabby either.

• Like 1

Does it come with spots where the tie down rings on the side of the bed would be? Or would you have to cut it open where those spots are?

Does it come with spots where the tie down rings on the side of the bed would be? Or would you have to cut it open where those spots are?

No

I just cut a slit right on top (center)of the tie down ring and pushed the ring through the slit .

Easy to do with a sharp razor knife.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, CXXX said:

I have been using Bed Rug for 15 years (used the first one on my 2007 Sierra and my 2012 Sierra) also on my 2018 Sierra.

All 4 trucks had a A.R.E. fiberglass tonneau cover.  Like GN2018 said its like a big trunk to secure your gear.  You can also velcro to the fabric.  Excellent fit and finish and holds up great.

I like your point about velcroing to the bedrug. I just found this out today by happenstance as I was detailing my truck down by the beach and my detailing "kit" has velcro on the bottom (Meguiars FTW) and I was like "oh hell yeah!" lol. 

i really do love this bedrug and i'm glad i installed it. been a few months now and I don't regret it.