Poll: Does your truck have the rear window leak?

DuRsT

Does your truck have the Rear Window Leak? - Please Participate! Only voting please!  

707 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:39 AM, OkieMedic said:

I know this is a fairly controversial topic around here.. but i would have liked to have seen a metric on whether the truck was US or Mexico built. 

It makes no difference. They both leak. I did see a poll on a FB group that had many more US trucks with leaks than Mexican ones. I thought that was funny since everyone says the Mexican trucks are inferior. I have a 20 Mexican Sierra no leaks so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 1:36 AM, Ryan Lairmore said:

My rear glass with slider was leaking,dealer replaced glass..picked up truck and it happened to be raining ..found this nasty scratch the next day and a terrible attempt at a touch up..needless to say truck is in their body shop and I was extremely pissed off.. 

770E5BD5-CE1E-4F99-AC91-3C23BBC442F1.jpeg

Wow that looks like shit.  Can't believe they tried to get this by someone.  What is the smeared stuff around the gouge or is that also more touch up paint?

• 1 year later...
  • txab pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Wormydog1724 said:

Do 2021’s not leak?

Inquiring minds would like to know.  I just tagged a 2021 Sierra 1500 Denali and at the moment, I have no formal commitment to buy it.  Sure would be nice to know if this was fixed or if there’s any way to tell if it will leak.  Looked at the vin and it starts with a 3 so made in MX, but doesn’t seem to be identified to either build location.

I’d hate to give up my 2018 Silverado that hasn’t given my a single problem for a potential headache/nightmare/lemon.

I have 2020 GMC AT4 - rear sliding window - no leaks - I voted that one

I had a 2019 GMC AT4 - rear sliding window - it also had no leaks - so OP can add that one.

Of course I live in S.Cal where it rarely rains - but no issues from car washes or the rain we do have.