In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
MyWay

Anyone else regret buying a Chevy?

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

All my trucks in the past were used for work. If they moved they got driven. If they needed fixing we did it. The only thing that could really piss me off is the AC quit working. It gets really hot here. Every truck no matter what brand has personality that people would complain about. Funny shift pattern, shaking passenger seat, speedometer quit working etc. Only one stranded me in 40 years. Failing brakes, vehicles shutting off with electrical problems, oil lines failure. I’ve been evolved with hundreds of truck purchases. Never experienced those. Instead of redesigned trucks every two years, maybe quality should be addressed.

That’s how I feel . In an age we’re technology is involving daily we should not be having these issues. Especially as some have problems right off the get go. It’s one thing to have all this technology but it worthless if quality is not put into the product. Yes everything fails eventually but let be real at least it should last a few years    As least. The order op’ state get it fixed and move on . Yeas that would be great but the problem is we take them in and they can’t or won’t fix them they say” it’s normal operation”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benelli said:

That’s how I feel . In an age we’re technology is involving daily we should not be having these issues. Especially as some have problems right off the get go. It’s one thing to have all this technology but it worthless if quality is not put into the product. Yes everything fails eventually but let be real at least it should last a few years    As least. The order op’ state get it fixed and move on . Yeas that would be great but the problem is we take them in and they can’t or won’t fix them they say” it’s normal operation”

GM does not need to produce a quality vehicle as long as the consumer continues to purchase.  GM is banking on customer loyalty.  Eventually, that loyalty will dry up as the younger generation of consumers could care less.  

1 hour ago, 1997SierraSLT said:

GM does not need to produce a quality vehicle as long as the consumer continues to purchase.  GM is banking on customer loyalty.  Eventually, that loyalty will dry up as the younger generation of consumers could care less.  

ya, thats how I feel aswell, there is the occasional brand changer that move over from another brand, but they are loosing overall customers. 

45 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

ya, thats how I feel aswell, there is the occasional brand changer that move over from another brand, but they are loosing overall customers. 

Hard to tell from the data...their numbers have been fairly consistent since 2014.  Combined Chevy / GMC sales were 808k units in 2019.

Dodge was 730k.  (That's a massive increase and good for Dodge)

What GM isn't doing is increasing it's customer base...and that's not good either.  Not in the long run.   Don't know how many they are losing vs. gaining.  That's the real tell right there.

6 minutes ago, Vicarod said:

Hard to tell from the data...their numbers have been fairly consistent since 2014.  Combined Chevy / GMC sales were 808k units in 2019.

Dodge was 730k.  (That's a massive increase and good for Dodge)

What GM isn't doing is increasing it's customer base...and that's not good either.  Not in the long run.   Don't know how many they are losing vs. gaining.  That's the real tell right there.

What I meant was truck customers.  Ram picking them up/ 

Those numbers I gave are for trucks.

GM's numbers aren't dropping.  But they also aren't growing much.  A little...but not much.

As new truck owners are coming to market...don't know how many Chevy is picking up.  I'd venture less than Ram.

Ram is killing it right now in sales.

Their price point and interiors is what's doing it, IMO

I'd still take a new Chevy over a new Ram even though Ram's interior blows Chevy away.

My 2016 has had the Chevy shake almost since day one.  When I first "whined" about it to the dealer, the service manager told me it was prolly the aggressive tread of the tires, which btw were/are OEM.  It was at that moment that I realized this particular dealer truley sucked and I was fk'd LOL.  I've had it into the stealer a few times for shake problem, stealer did the usual tire balancing, claimed they did a thorough drive line inspection, yada yada. I torqued the rear spring clamps, no change.  Most here with the 2014 - 2018 shake problems still have the problems, or have dumped their trucks, or just decided to live with it. I think a few got buy backs or lemmon lawed there way out of it.  Either or, GM has told them/us simply, go pound salt sucker.

Other than the shake my truck has been very good, I really do like it.  IMHO my '07 GMC that I had before this '16 was a better truck, and just about flawless even with close to 150K miles when I sold it off.  But it was turning into a fender flapper due to NY winters and road salt.  So I decided to let'r go.  Might have been wiser to just replace the tin... I dunno.

Been considering giving up my shaker and buying a '19 or '20 Silverado, so I've been looking into the forum here reading up on the pluses and minuses of the 2019 and 2020 versions of the GM trucks, mostly to see if the shake has been conquered.  Seems it has, and the big bidtch now is the ECU and electrical related.  Not surprised, considering the over abundance of sensors, widgets and gadgets, along with on/off quality control issues.  With only about 30K on the ticker I guess I have time to think about whether I get another GM or not.  I guess it depends on which manufacturers short comings are easiest or best to contend with.

My 2016 has had the Chevy shake almost since day one.  When I first "whined" about it to the dealer, the service manager told me it was prolly the aggressive tread of the tires, which btw were/are OEM.  It was at that moment that I realized this particular dealer truley sucked and I was fk'd LOL.  I've had it into the stealer a few times for shake problem, stealer did the usual tire balancing, claimed they did a thorough drive line inspection, yada yada. I torqued the rear spring clamps, no change.  Most here with the 2014 - 2018 shake problems still have the problems, or have dumped their trucks, or just decided to live with it. I think a few got buy backs or lemmon lawed there way out of it.  Either or, GM has told them/us simply, go pound salt sucker.

Other than the shake my truck has been very good, I really do like it.  IMHO my '07 GMC that I had before this '16 was a better truck, and just about flawless even with close to 150K miles when I sold it off.  But it was turning into a fender flapper due to NY winters and road salt.  So I decided to let'r go.  Might have been wiser to just replace the tin... I dunno.

Been considering giving up my shaker and buying a '19 or '20 Silverado, so I've been looking into the forum here reading up on the pluses and minuses of the 2019 and 2020 versions of the GM trucks, mostly to see if the shake has been conquered.  Seems it has, and the big bidtch now is the ECU and electrical related.  Not surprised, considering the over abundance of sensors, widgets and gadgets, along with on/off quality control issues.  With only about 30K on the ticker I guess I have time to think about whether I get another GM or not.  I guess it depends on which manufacturers short comings are easiest or best to contend with.

I traded my 14 with 32k miles on it for a 19. Mine had the Chevy shake which is why I traded it. That being said I wish I had that truck back every day. I would take the shake over the multitude of other problems I have with my new one. I know a lot of other people have had great luck with the 19’s and 20’s so take this comment with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, hotrodz37 said:

I traded my 14 with 32k miles on it for a 19. Mine had the Chevy shake which is why I traded it. That being said I wish I had that truck back every day. I would take the shake over the multitude of other problems I have with my new one. I know a lot of other people have had great luck with the 19’s and 20’s so take this comment with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had lots of issues with mine. It's at the dealer for a massive oil leak right now, which is my 6th or 7th trip there in the 3 months I've had it.  At least I have a good dealership, but with part shortages they said it could be up to 2 weeks to get the problem fixed. 

Like the truck, just never had so many different issues this soon on a new vehicle. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My Ford spit a tranny out at 114k.

My Titan had a cab pop that in 5 tries they couldn’t fix.

My dad’s Tundra had a front seal leak, only required pulling the ENTIRE BLOCK out, to replace a $40 seal.

My Tundra spit a tranny out at 108k.

Got 11k on the ‘19 Sierra. So far so good, but it’s a big truck with lots of power, many moving parts, and 30x more tech that the spaceship that put a man on the moon. I guess what I’m saying is stuff breaks...

Edit: Out of curiousness... I checked. 305,000 trucks sold in 2019. Just in case anybody was wondering about sample size. Doesn’t include HD.

Edited by Anakalypto
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:26 AM, Tom Cox said:

I regret purchasing an early build 2019 Silverado - eleven recalls so far, plus jingling stub shaft, and now a letter about needing to adjust front camera before it causes an issue with the brakes. Latest recall(s) advise that a previous recall needs correction and the other recall is just to let me know there may be glue on a battery cable that could cause an arc - so, given that I suppose the truck could catch fire- but, GM also let me know they don't have parts to fix the issue - "don't call me - we'll call you".  

I have people come up to me and ask do you have issues with your truck and then they proceed to tell me about all of the issues with their or friends 2019 Silverados.  I traded in a perfectly good 2017 - for the recall king...

Nice truck really really poor build. 

Thats how I feel. Truck was in the shop for 36 days, for transmission issues. Thought they fixed it, went back for 6 days. GM sent some engineer to try to fix it. Told me to drive it 500 miles, NOW GM says the truck is working as intended and nothing is wrong with it. I guess its time to call up my attorney. 

....so many problems, so many recalls, and now the recalls are being recalled!  does anyone else use my new gm acronym, GM = Great Mistake.

40 minutes ago, KevinO said:

....so many problems, so many recalls, and now the recalls are being recalled!  does anyone else use my new gm acronym, GM = Great Mistake.

Or FORD= Fix Or Repair Daily 😋

• Like 1

had my 19 since august and its been solid.....aside from a chick taking out my mirror (and fixing 2 recalls in process)…. ive bought 8 new trucks of various brands (2 tundras)) but ive never really had any major issues with any of them....in fact first time I went to dealer service dept was last month for the mirror.....

30 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Or FORD= Fix Or Repair Daily 😋

Found On Road Dead