Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Infotainment Screen Black When Using Remote Start


Recommended Posts

On 9/25/2020 at 6:42 AM, T.han90 said:

Let me know what they say because All of the above is what mine is doing plus auto stop has stopped working too 

Well took it in and they were confused Saturday’s is usually for oil changes only so than why did you schedule me today?.... they’ll look at it Monday and diagnose it they think it’s more complex than just a battery issue they want to keep it for the day and go over it all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the shop has had mine for 2 days and as you can expect nothing has been found as of yet. They say batteries tested good, cables pass resistance test and all cables are tight. Mechanic is periodically going by truck and remote starting. None of the symptoms have happened since jumping it off. They are saying it possibly went through reset. They are keeping it tell Tuesday and will let y’all know more then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2020 at 9:11 AM, T.han90 said:

Well took it in and they were confused Saturday’s is usually for oil changes only so than why did you schedule me today?.... they’ll look at it Monday and diagnose it they think it’s more complex than just a battery issue they want to keep it for the day and go over it all

Welp went to go start it today and won’t start dead battery and every service message you can think of popped up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, T.han90 said:

Welp went to go start it today and won’t start dead battery and every service message you can think of popped up 

Take pictures to show service Dept. I wish I would have taken pics and video to show them. Is your Silverado a 2500HD?

Edited by MJK
Wrong info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MJK said:

Take pictures to show service Dept. I wish I would have taken pics and video to show them. Is your Silverado a 2500HD?

Wish I could’ve nothing wants to pop up now it’s a dead brick in driveway, 2020 1500 rst 4800 miles on it. Keep reading UBEC bolts not tight enough has been the issue for a lot of people with electrical issues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2020 at 5:42 AM, T.han90 said:

Let me know what they say because All of the above is what mine is doing plus auto stop has stopped working too 

So I picked up my truck today after it being in the shop for 6 days. They did an update that was to fix the black screen after remote start. It seems to be fixed.They thought that the USB port was faulty because I had a problem with Apple CarPlay not working. So it was changed out and still have a problem with the Radio recognizing my phone. They plugged a test device into the port and still no recognition. I need the truck tell next Wednesday and will bring back in for them to call and work with Tech support. Mechanic believes it is the radio. It will also show phone is connected by Bluetooth and will not play media even though phone says it is. Will check back in next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, MJK said:

So I picked up my truck today after it being in the shop for 6 days. They did an update that was to fix the black screen after remote start. It seems to be fixed.They thought that the USB port was faulty because I had a problem with Apple CarPlay not working. So it was changed out and still have a problem with the Radio recognizing my phone. They plugged a test device into the port and still no recognition. I need the truck tell next Wednesday and will bring back in for them to call and work with Tech support. Mechanic believes it is the radio. It will also show phone is connected by Bluetooth and will not play media even though phone says it is. Will check back in next week.

interesting, I get mine back tomorrow it’s been in since Monday they said it was a bad module and that there is a new recent update said they updated the system too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My screen went black after remote starting a few weeks ago. Once I shut off and restarted the screen returned to normal. No other issues at the time. Haven't driven my truck in a week. Went out to start the truck and nothing. Tried to jump start it and nothing but clicking. Going to give the dealer a call in the AM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 1fast ss said:

My screen went black after remote starting a few weeks ago. Once I shut off and restarted the screen returned to normal. No other issues at the time. Haven't driven my truck in a week. Went out to start the truck and nothing. Tried to jump start it and nothing but clicking. Going to give the dealer a call in the AM.

There is a recent update for this issue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, MJK said:

There is a recent update for this issue.

Hopefully, I get my truck back tomorrow. Dealership told me they completed a software update and everything checks out fine. They want to keep it overnight to make sure. I hope the problem is solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I had my 2020 2500HD HC in for oil change and the next morning after remote start, the infotainment would not come on.  The infotainment used to come on when on ACC or engine start from the ignition, but would not any more.  I called the dealership and two "Master Technicians"  stated this is how it is supposed to work.  According to them, you have to shut the truck off and start it from the ignition to get the infotainment system to come on.  

So, after being tongue-lashed by the dealership, I decided to reset the truck by pulling the negative terminals and low and behold, the infotainment comes on without turning off the truck now.    "Master Mechanics" can't know everything, but this back-yard shade-tree mechanic go to move on all electronic issues is pull the battery.  I hope the rumored upcoming update fixes these glitches for good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Two days after my truck was parked wouldn’t start. Boosted it and drive it to dealer. Took them three hours to figure out what you guys all told me. Updated from version 148 to V150. Seems to be working great now. My advice is if this happens to you before you let truck sit ensure you have restarted manually or will die. Thanks again everyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Berta403 said:

Two days after my truck was parked wouldn’t start. Boosted it and drive it to dealer. Took them three hours to figure out what you guys all told me. Updated from version 148 to V150. Seems to be working great now. My advice is if this happens to you before you let truck sit ensure you have restarted manually or will die. Thanks again everyone. 

i wonder if this  is the new update that is supposed to be over the air that seems like nobody has gotten yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kylant said:

i wonder if this  is the new update that is supposed to be over the air that seems like nobody has gotten yet

I’m not sure but it should if it’s causing this many issues. Took them 3 hours following  gms procedures before getting to the update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By customboss
      Here’s my Walter. 
    • By DrBaylor
      I purchased a 2021 Silverado Z71 in April, and I love it, but an odd quirk with the infotainment system. Each time I get in my truck, with the same cell phone I always carry, I cannot make a voice activated call for up to 5 minutes.  The response is always "please wait, I am loading your contacts".  Why does the system load my contacts each time I get it the vehicle?  Is there any way to have it store the contacts and not upload every time?  Is it supposed to do this?
    • By billa355
      When I set "maximum start-up volume" to a good level, it will hold for a couple of starts.  then it reverts to a very loud start-up volume.  Radio blasts loudly until we turn it down.  Reset maximum start-up volume repeatedly but will not hold.  always reverts to loud start up volume.  service department has not heard this problem, but a friend with a 2021 silverado has the same problem, exactly.
    • By SSCHUU
      Looking at getting the 20" Factory Reproduction Style 59 wheels in black and would love to see if anyone has pics of them installed on their trucks.


    • By nik1176
      Good morning
       
      This is more of a FYI after a bit of runaround with GM/Onstar support.
       
      I'm on the 2nd week with my new '21 Sierra Denali. The issue I'm having is when accessing the "Apps" module in the infotainment system. When I try to open it I'm presented with a connection error asking me to check my network settings, available data, or connect to another WiFi (attached screenshot). After checking everything, connecting to multiple WiFi, etc. I called GM/Onstar support and after being passed around I ended up talking to a support tech that knew exactly what the problems was. This issue isn't related to the vehicle's setup, but apparently related to something that Amazon did with their service(s) that is causing the apps module to fail to load as it checks for status upon loading. This issue started popping up around 2 weeks ago and, according to the tech, affecting '21 Sierras (and later '20s). There is no ETA on resolution to this, but was informed that engineers are aware of the issue has there is an active service ticket for it to be fixed.
       
      Hopefully this post will help out any other owners having the same problem as it's not something that is readily known to GM/Onstar support. 

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    240k
    Total Topics
    1.4m
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    294,935
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    David Rini
    Newest Member
    David Rini
    Joined



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.