New truck with chassis rust

Hey guys,just joined the forum. I just purchased a brand new 2019 Silverado trailboss lt.

I didn't notice it at the dealer but when I came home, I noticed that parts of frame is rusting already

I talked to the dealer and all they are saying is that every truck on their lot is like this. 

They basically gave their contact for a guy who does underbody waxing. Like it's my problem.

Any thoughts?? 

IMG_20200211_235058.jpg

IMG_20200211_235215.jpg

10 hours ago, Giantpeaches said:

I'm in Vancouver, canada

I am 30 miles south of Seattle, and so far do not have any spots on my frame like that.

They use the "deicer antifreeze" down here, so no salt on the roads, normally it takes a while for it to get bad.

I would push the dealer to touch it up, their body shop should be able to do it in day, make it look brand new again.

Edited by JimCost2014

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

I am 30 miles south of Seattle, and so far do not have any spots on my frame like that.

They use the "deicer antifreeze" down here, so no salt on the roads, normally it takes a while for it to get bad.

I would push the dealer to touch it up, their body shop should be able to do it in day, make it look brand new again.

Dealer I got it from doesn't have in house body shop. Is this something I can take to another dealer with body shop and be covered under warranty by GM? I've always bought used vehicle so I never had the luxury of using factory warranty 

Just now, Giantpeaches said:

Dealer I got it from doesn't have in house body shop. Is this something I can take to another dealer with body shop and be covered under warranty by GM? I've always bought used vehicle so I never had the luxury of using factory warranty 

Warranty work can be performed by any GM dealer, so yes you can take it elsewhere, and if they are nice and do it for you, give them your service work in the future, rather than going back to the one who blew you off saying it was normal.

All they are gonna do is spray some paint on it (which would be wrong) and probably do a poor job of it anyway. Another thing, every time the truck goes up on the lift (IE when they go to “fix” this) the coating on the area where the lift pads touch the frame rubs off. Meaning you’d want to touch it up afterwards anyway if you’re worried about this type of rust. 

I dunno what your time is worth to you but I guess I tend to pick my spots. Rather than spending half a day chasing dealers to get this fixed, simple enough to buy the NoxRust, spend 5 minutes on your back touching up, and move on. There’s probably going to be much more severe problems with the truck at some point, so save the “dealer downtime“ for something worthwhile.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

All they are gonna do is spray some paint on it (which would be wrong) and probably do a poor job of it anyway. Another thing, every time the truck goes up on the lift (IE when they go to “fix” this) the coating on the area where the lift pads touch the frame rubs off. Meaning you’d want to touch it up afterwards anyway if you’re worried about this type of rust. 

I dunno what your time is worth to you but I guess I tend to pick my spots. Rather than spending half a day chasing dealers to get this fixed, simple enough to buy the NoxRust, spend 5 minutes on your back touching up, and move on. There’s probably going to be much more severe problems with the truck at some point, so save the “dealer downtime“ for something worthwhile.

Maybe, but when they scuffed off a lot of wax and bent a bracket on mine, fell of a lift, they did a nice job fixing it with the factory "wax".

IMG_2502.thumb.JPG.95a48b240611e469d6cb8d6a05a501e7.JPG20190717_115007_1563390172767.thumb.jpg.7fd71d893bcefca0fce9def250802e78.jpg