New truck with chassis rust

Nice, I’m just over the border from you. 

Very little of the frame shows on these trucks and even less with the wheel liners. Frame rust is more an OCD thing than anything else. As others have said, it’ll likely never become structural.

I’ve just found if you keep up with the touch-ups, it’ll stay looking good for about as long as you want. But if you leave it for a couple years instead, and the rust spreads, it’s a lot harder to deal with because you get the ugly scaly surface that’ll never look good again.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:29 PM, Giantpeaches said:

Hey guys,just joined the forum. I just purchased a brand new 2019 Silverado trailboss lt.

I didn't notice it at the dealer but when I came home, I noticed that parts of frame is rusting already

I talked to the dealer and all they are saying is that every truck on their lot is like this. 

They basically gave their contact for a guy who does underbody waxing. Like it's my problem.

Any thoughts?? 

IMG_20200211_235058.jpg

IMG_20200211_235215.jpg

Just FYI, This truck could have been sitting on the lot since outside since August 2018.

20 minutes ago, Giantpeaches said:

I just bypassed sales people all together and went straight to service department. They said there's technical service bulletin for this so they r gonna order new under carriage paint and clean off factory wax and give it a fresh coat. 

Get a TSB # if you can. Inquiring minds will want to know.

• 1 month later...