It’s OK to tell me I’m over reacting.

So my new truck (order from the factory) showed up at my dealer. On the way home from work last night I stopped by the dealership (they were closed) to see if I could find it. As if turns out it was in the bay having the standard black wheel moldings swapped out for the optional color matched ones.

For some reason I am mad as hell that there are these cardboard boxes leaning up against my new truck. I know it’s a truck. But it’s an $80,000 truck. I’m not gonna do that to it when I get home. I didn’t say anything to my salesman but am considering it. 
Am I over reacting? Be honest. Don’t tell me what I want to hear if you think I’m wrong.

E82637D2-E501-4516-A015-8AFCEF887DF7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, GMCDuraMan said:

So my new truck (order from the factory) showed up at my dealer. On the way home from work last night I stopped by the dealership (they were closed) to see if I could find it. As if turns out it was in the bay having the standard black wheel moldings swapped out for the optional color matched ones.

For some reason I am mad as hell that there are these cardboard boxes leaning up against my new truck. I know it’s a truck. But it’s an $80,000 truck. I’m not gonna do that to it when I get home. I didn’t say anything to my salesman but am considering it. 
Am I over reacting? Be honest. Don’t tell me what I want to hear if you think I’m wrong.

Do a good walk around look for any scratches. Imagine the boxes laying on the floor someone tripping with a wrench and a big scratch down your truck, maybe blood spatter. That would delay delivery for weeks. ?

I'm picky as well (doing a full wrap).  I would certainly inspect the vehicle closely to see if there are any rub marks and call them out on it, if there is.  I doubt there would be unless someone is climbing in and out of the drivers side, causing the vehicle to move.

When I picked up my new 2016 from the dealer, I inspected everything...except the roof.  Of course, the first time I went to wash the roof there were some nasty deposits on there that took a few washes to clear up.  When I grab my new 2020 it will be inspected very closely, and my instructions to the dealer will be to not even touch it with any cloths or cleaning products - it's going straight to the detailer to get wrapped and a ceramic coating put on.  Point being...no, you are not being picky ? 

11 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Probably should not have purchased a truck, if you don't need a truck.

Not sure what that means. My truck will be towing my 28 foot travel trailer - so yes - I need a truck. Not sure where you're going with that...

• Like 4

The only thing that touches my paint is MY OWN washing equipment. My truck is not a chair, a shelf, or a leaning post. I don't even lean over the fenders or bedsides without covering them. I wont even let my dealership wash my truck. They did the first wash on my new 2010 and spider-webbed the entire truck, I refused to take delivery until it was polished and they extended my extra paint warranty by 6 months because the clear coat had to be taken down. I was furious.

• Like 2

The first scratch or dent on a new vehicle is reminiscent of the time your baby girl got her first big gash on her leg from falling off bike or what have you.  2 years later when it's setting at your local Fleet Farm 39 rows back from main entrance last stall in corner mind you, there will be a guy parking next to you getting out with cigarette dangling from mouth and will graze down the side of your PRECIOUS PIECE OF METAL with his blue jean rivet blissfully in contact the whole way!

So let's get the cry towel out early folks on our first little blemish....Life is Short!

Just look at it, if there are marks bring it up, it not no worries and move on. Setting something up against it doesn't do any damage (unless it is a sharp piece of metal) or they move it against it. 

Does it being an $80k truck make it different than the guy that bought a $60k truck in how it is treated? Not sure how price is a derivative of treatment. Did you pay $80k or was the sticker $77k and you got it for $62k before trade in?  

Now L86's was an over reaction, he must be a pleasure to deal with... 

Tyler

• Like 3

Don't put too much into it until ready for delivery.  You hate to see that just like all the other crap they do to it out of your sight.

Hopefully won't be any damage, at that angle almost all the weight is directed to the ground, not against the door panel.

2 hours ago, GMCDuraMan said:

I'd be more concerned about the ghostly disembodied head floating around next to the box. GM warranty excludes exorcisms.

• Haha 3

I would show them the photo and tell them I'm not impressed. Its unlikely that it left any marks, but I would be eyeballing that thing before I drove it off. But, its going to happen one way or another, so no need to make a huge scene either. And don't think they care how much you spent on it, I'm sure they treat them all the exact same way.

• Like 1