It’s OK to tell me I’m over reacting.

I am pretty anal about paint.  The first thing I'll do when I get my new truck home in a few weeks is do a chemical decontamination for iron and tar, clay bar it, hit it with a gear driven orbital buffer using a fine polish and fine polish pad, then an ultra fine pad using ultra fine polish, then wipe it down with a 10% IPA solution to get the polish oils out of the paint, then make sure the paint is perfect using a Scangrit detailing light, then ceramic coat it, then top coat with a separate treatment to help with water spots.  

If you are satisfied with your paint coming right from the dealer after they run it through a machine car wash you really are not that picky.  And if the boxes did not scuff or scratch the paint, I would not sweat it.  One time through a machine car wash will be worse for the paint than those boxes most likely.   

Edited by jjackkrash

2 hours ago, migrabill said:

Little scratch on the tailgate that I will mention.

casper.jpg

They all have at least one.

My black 2018 looked good until I got it home under the LED lights in my garage. Wow was I disappointed ☹️ 

That alone was the main reason I did the Ceramic Coating. He buffed out every little mark. Then 3 coats of Ceramic Pro. Still looks mint a year later.

52 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

He buffed out every little mark. 

There is no substitute for machine buffing.  I can do a two-step polish on a big truck in 4-5 hours with a long throw random or a gear driven orbital.  Then the paint really pops.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 1

There is no substitute for machine buffing.  I can do a two-step polish on a big truck in 4-5 hours with a long throw random or a gear driven orbital.  Then the paint really pops.  

He used a machine. It took him all day counting the clay. It had a lot of rail dust along the whole bottom on both sides. 91c4ca9f33e8c226239a06a2b8776803.jpg 

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dieselfan1 said:

He used a machine. It took him all day counting the clay. It had a lot of rail dust along the whole bottom on both sides. 91c4ca9f33e8c226239a06a2b8776803.jpg 

Oh, ya, I assumed he did.  I was just noting that that's what it takes.  And your truck looks fantastic.  :)

Oh, ya, I assumed he did.  I was just noting that that's what it takes.  And your truck looks fantastic.  [emoji4]

Thanks bro
I have a McGaughys 9" lift with 37's ready to put on it. Waiting for snow to melt. e1535ad2fcb6fb7ea4ea103ad12513fc.jpgf792a472296840b0c117fc02f3d681a1.jpgd01701fbe15e11233819987e3413e492.jpg

• Like 2

I was an automotive and HD tech for years and setting anything on or against the paint that could scratch it was never allowed. The repercussions were the same as any other damage inflicted and included anything from a warning, getting fired, wages clawback and monthly payments to cover the cost, and I have seen all of these happen. The reason not only included the damage done in $ and reputation but also lack of respect and carelessness. The damage done, even if small, needs to be fixed and if it was only $300 for example, it would be the same as asking the employee (salesman, lot boy, manager, parts driver, tech, etc.) for 3 $100 bills and burning that in front of them -- same cost, same lack of respect and same poor attitude. A vehicle should be treated the same as any other property.