In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I'm looking to get rid of my spacer level and order a set of coilovers but I'm not sure which ones to go with.  I know either one will be fine, but want to get first hand feedback...............ride quality, Customer service........Thanks 

Edited by shadrickjm

Aloha,

I currently have the Fox 2.5 with adjustable reservoirs coils. I wanted to get the kings setup, but didn’t want to spend the money at the time for them. My fox rides great and there are no complaints.

• Like 1

Mine's a King setup from Filthy Motorsports. Love them. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guy.  How is the ride quality on the highway?  I don't a whole lot of off-roading and  I know the real difference is on the dirt.  I have also been looking into the Fox 2.5 W/O the external resi  @ $1300 and the CST 1-3" coilover @ just under $1100.

Thanks for the info guy.  How is the ride quality on the highway?  I don't a whole lot of off-roading and  I know the real difference is on the dirt.  I have also been looking into the Fox 2.5 W/O the external resi  @ $1300 and the CST 1-3" coilover @ just under $1100.

If you don’t do any actual offroading then I’d recommend any of the good name coil overs. Just one thing, all the coil overs have a limited mileage warranty but you can get some nice Bilstein shocks that give life time warranty. Just my 2cents

Sent from Above

CST 4.5-5” Lift, same looking coil overs.

Here’s my CST Lift front and rear

296e2a475d040b0838abfda3b0f4f4ab.jpg64371a1f9c1237a108f26961112e790a.png

Btw, “PLEASE” don’t think that coil overs will be that much of a dramatic difference in ride quality, yes they’re noticeably different in the way they handle dips but not that much smoother than a great pair of shocks. Just don’t want you to blow all that dough and be disappointed, most of the ride quality depends on your wheel and tire setup. 20” wheels with E rated tires ride much rougher than 18”-16” wheels with tires rated at P.

Sent from Above

19 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

CST 4.5-5” Lift, same looking coil overs.

Here’s my CST Lift front and rear

296e2a475d040b0838abfda3b0f4f4ab.jpg64371a1f9c1237a108f26961112e790a.png

Btw, “PLEASE” don’t think that coil overs will be that much of a dramatic difference in ride quality, yes they’re noticeably different in the way they handle dips but not that much smoother than a great pair of shocks. Just don’t want you to blow all that dough and be disappointed, most of the ride quality depends on your wheel and tire setup. 20” wheels with E rated tires ride much rougher than 18”-16” wheels with tires rated at P.

Sent from Above

Thanks for the info.  Yeah I know that it won't be a drastic change.  I would like a more planted ride and looking for something to handle the occasional dips better.  I grew up more of a car guy and always had coil overs on my cars for better handling.  I guess I still have that same fame of mind.  I've always looked at coil overs as the better option.  I really do like your set-up, but I would rather stay with the level look....(easier for the wife and kids to get in and out).   I am leaning more towards the CST coil overs, they're cheaper than the King and Fox and would be more than what I would use them for.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  Yeah I know that it won't be a drastic change.  I would like a more planted ride and looking for something to handle the occasional dips better.  I grew up more of a car guy and always had coil overs on my cars for better handling.  I guess I still have that same fame of mind.  I've always looked at coil overs as the better option.  I really do like your set-up, but I would rather stay with the level look....(easier for the wife and kids to get in and out).   I am leaning more towards the CST coil overs, they're cheaper than the King and Fox and would be more than what I would use them for.

Bilsteins would be great for light OffRoading and you could always swap your front oem coils too.
I love mine but do wish I bought with the adjustable resi’s, there have been times off-roading I would’ve liked to have stiffen them up, next go round lol.

CST has outstanding customer service too.

Good luck and do keep us posted.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1