Fox 2.5 vs King 2.5

I'm looking to get rid of my spacer level and order a set of coilovers but I'm not sure which ones to go with.  I know either one will be fine, but want to get first hand feedback...............ride quality, Customer service........Thanks 

Edited by shadrickjm

Thanks for the info guy.  How is the ride quality on the highway?  I don't a whole lot of off-roading and  I know the real difference is on the dirt.  I have also been looking into the Fox 2.5 W/O the external resi  @ $1300 and the CST 1-3" coilover @ just under $1100.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guy.  How is the ride quality on the highway?  I don't a whole lot of off-roading and  I know the real difference is on the dirt.  I have also been looking into the Fox 2.5 W/O the external resi  @ $1300 and the CST 1-3" coilover @ just under $1100.

If you don’t do any actual offroading then I’d recommend any of the good name coil overs. Just one thing, all the coil overs have a limited mileage warranty but you can get some nice Bilstein shocks that give life time warranty. Just my 2cents

Sent from Above

CST 4.5-5” Lift, same looking coil overs.

Here’s my CST Lift front and rear

296e2a475d040b0838abfda3b0f4f4ab.jpg64371a1f9c1237a108f26961112e790a.png

Btw, “PLEASE” don’t think that coil overs will be that much of a dramatic difference in ride quality, yes they’re noticeably different in the way they handle dips but not that much smoother than a great pair of shocks. Just don’t want you to blow all that dough and be disappointed, most of the ride quality depends on your wheel and tire setup. 20” wheels with E rated tires ride much rougher than 18”-16” wheels with tires rated at P.

Sent from Above

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Btw, “PLEASE” don’t think that coil overs will be that much of a dramatic difference in ride quality, yes they’re noticeably different in the way they handle dips but not that much smoother than a great pair of shocks. Just don’t want you to blow all that dough and be disappointed, most of the ride quality depends on your wheel and tire setup. 20” wheels with E rated tires ride much rougher than 18”-16” wheels with tires rated at P.

Sent from Above

Thanks for the info.  Yeah I know that it won't be a drastic change.  I would like a more planted ride and looking for something to handle the occasional dips better.  I grew up more of a car guy and always had coil overs on my cars for better handling.  I guess I still have that same fame of mind.  I've always looked at coil overs as the better option.  I really do like your set-up, but I would rather stay with the level look....(easier for the wife and kids to get in and out).   I am leaning more towards the CST coil overs, they're cheaper than the King and Fox and would be more than what I would use them for.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  Yeah I know that it won't be a drastic change.  I would like a more planted ride and looking for something to handle the occasional dips better.  I grew up more of a car guy and always had coil overs on my cars for better handling.  I guess I still have that same fame of mind.  I've always looked at coil overs as the better option.  I really do like your set-up, but I would rather stay with the level look....(easier for the wife and kids to get in and out).   I am leaning more towards the CST coil overs, they're cheaper than the King and Fox and would be more than what I would use them for.

Bilsteins would be great for light OffRoading and you could always swap your front oem coils too.
I love mine but do wish I bought with the adjustable resi’s, there have been times off-roading I would’ve liked to have stiffen them up, next go round lol.

CST has outstanding customer service too.

Good luck and do keep us posted.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 11:15 AM, TXGREEK said:

Bilsteins would be great for light OffRoading and you could always swap your front oem coils too.
I love mine but do wish I bought with the adjustable resi’s, there have been times off-roading I would’ve liked to have stiffen them up, next go round lol.

CST has outstanding customer service too.

Good luck and do keep us posted.

Sent from Above

Went with the King 2.5's.  Had them installed today.  I will get some better pics up tomorrow.

1188977689_coilovers.thumb.jpg.e4c2a358ae378ae0201d68e85ba93340.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 11:02 AM, TXGREEK said:

Sent from Above

Finally, something of substance from ya!  I agree...

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:42 AM, shadrickjm said:

Regretfully I didn't see this earlier and I note that you indeed when with the King. 

I have the King OEM replacement. These use 3.5" springs. They come one size fits all and as such came with some hefty 750# springs. My truck is a RCSB with a V6 and no added front weight. On the lowest preload setting (zero) it was riding in the top fifth of travel (2" lift) and very firm but worlds better than factory. I traded for some 600# springs which has me a bit above mid stroke and much more compliant. NICE. I then reset the N2 pressure from 250 psi to 150 psi. It does not top out anymore. At that point I had at less than an 1" lift but with room to spare on the preload. These shocks have 1" more piston travel thus 2" more wheel travel. I paired them with Bell 2" drop knuckles. This arrangement does not require a custom UCA. Deaver made the rear springs with a 2.5" drop and I removed the 1.25" spacer. These springs are 15% less rate. Added Sulastic hangers resulting in a 4" drop. That is as low as she will go with a piggy back without hitting the can on the axel. It will bump the stops on occasion. 

It's not Cadillac but it is night and day nicer to drive daily. There is a lot I can still do with this setup to improve ride and that is the beauty of the King line. Not that it can't be done with others but the build quality is spectacular and there are a wide array of springs and valve choices. Fluid viscosity choices. It's nearly infinite. 

Trick to getting a nice set up is 1.) spring choice. The right spring has you at mid stroke or a bit higher and delivers full stroke without coil bind. 2.) Your valving/fluid viscosity combination will allow for 90% full stroke in either direction while traveling on your surface of choice at 90% of the fastest speed you ever intend to take that section. 3.) Enough N2 pressure to prevent fade and a fine adjustment to ride height.

There is NO one size fits all spring/valve/fluid/stroke combination. You set up for the miles you will travel the most and everything past that is a compromise. Especially true for off road v highway.

Anyway, that my 2 cents and I'm out of change. :)  

• Like 1

If you don’t go off reading, look at Bilstein. I had them on before going with full coilovers. Ebay has good prices.

If you don’t go off reading, look at Bilstein. I had them on before going with full coilovers. Ebay has good prices.

Ebay sells knock off products too, 4wheelparts has the best prices.

Sent from Above