Anybody ever run into this

Going to take delivery of my new work truck on Wednesday. So stopped by the dealer to check it out. Turns out the factory never put the 3500HD door emblems on. Gonna call tomorrow to make sure they get put on but it seems kind of odd.

BD8DA56B-1CA4-4473-A2A2-E6A678323D31.jpeg

1DFEAD78-CB80-4194-A4EF-4D425AF329A7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Thankful said:

The door emblems may not be included on a base truck.

Every other 3500 WT on the lot has them. Also checked other regular cabs WT online. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Edited by crp_diem

Does it really matter though? But it's your ride, not mine. Years ago I bought a 1988 GMC 1500 regular cab short box with a cab emblem that had 'Sierra' on the passenger side and a 'Silverado' emblem on the driver side and found it bothersome so I can empathize with you lol Felt like the truck was incomplete.

22 minutes ago, newdude said:

Check the window sticker as emblem delete is an option on these trucks.  Or if you have the VIN I can check it quick.    

1GC3YSE78LF179767 Thanks for checking but i did not order it with the 8F2 Ornamental Delete. My salesman just called and he heared back from GM they told him "Not all truck get door emblems depending on color"

Let me know if you find anything I'm missing

Thank

7 minutes ago, crp_diem said:

1GC3YSE78LF179767 Thanks for checking but i did not order it with the 8F2 Ornamental Delete. My salesman just called and he heared back from GM they told him "Not all truck get door emblems depending on color"

Thank

If you want them, tell the dealer no deal unless they add them.

1 hour ago, crp_diem said:

Thank

I see the build yes no delete was added.

The VIN does say the emblems are supposed to be on the door.  The line the salesman gave you is bull$hit they are not color dependent.

Seems the plant forgot to slap them on your truck.  I'd have them order them up for you as they were supposed to be there.  

Edited by newdude

3 minutes ago, newdude said:

I see the build yes no delete was added.

The VIN does say the emblems are supposed to be on the door.  The line the salesman gave you is bull$hit they are not color dependent.

Seems the plant forgot to slap them on your truck.  I'd have them order them up for you as they were supposed to be there.  

Yep I know they should be there and the salesman knows they should be there. The Factory did give him a line of shit. He did say he would have them put on for me.

2 minutes ago, crp_diem said:

Yep I know they should be there and the salesman knows they should be there. The Factory did give him a line of shit. He did say he would have them put on for me.

I don't think the factory gave him the line if you know what I mean... ?

On 2/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, magnum74 said:

Years ago I bought a 1988 GMC 1500 regular cab short box with a cab emblem that had 'Sierra' on the passenger side and a 'Silverado' emblem on the driver side and found it bothersome so I can empathize with you lol Felt like the truck was incomplete.

This would more than bother me....    Did you ever find out the real story?

5 hours ago, Donstar said:

This would more than bother me....    Did you ever find out the real story?

I believe it was just an early build, first model year quirk on the production line. I'd be willing to bet there were a bunch of 88's that came off the line with mixed up badges. I miss that truck ?