120 Volt outlet What does everyone use that for?

My new 2019 Silverado LD came with the 120 Volt receptacle. If I recall correctly, it's limited to 15 Amps. Anyway, I've always thought that was a cool idea. But now that I have it, I can't think of anything I would want to plug in there. 

What do all of you use it for?

Use it to power off road lamps on the sports bar and/or LED strip mounted on licesne plate frame. Has more than enough power for a 40W 12v power supply for a 40" LED light strip.

Instead of paying GM $1000. for custom OEM  lighting for the sports bar....$50 bucks for identical knock offs on Ebay and $10 for a 120v powered 12v transformer gets you there. No complex wiring ,no fuse, no relay, no wiring harness, no tapping into the fuse block or dash mounted switch necessary. Plug in transformer, run wiring to the lights, and use the existing lighted 1/0 outlet dash power switch to power the off road lights.

Need the outlet for something else simply unplug the transformer or install a multi tap outlet and plug in a utility light, etc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cjlet said:

I’ve used it to charge batteries for my cordless drills, works perfectly.

Exactly. I've done that a bunch of times.

A trip I took to Illinois last summer about 6 hour drive I used mine to power a small crock pot. I made a small beef roast and some taters with onions and carrots for lunch.

After about 2 hrs I couldn't take it no more it smelled so good. I stopped and bought a extension cord and ran it out the back window and put in the back of the truck in a box.

When I got to IL I chowed it down. Better than McDonald's any day 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Use it to power off road lamps on the sports bar and/or LED strip mounted on licesne plate frame. Has more than enough power for a 40W 12v power supply for a 40" LED light strip.

Instead of paying GM $1000. for custom OEM  lighting for the sports bar....$50 bucks for identical knock offs on Ebay and $10 for a 120v powered 12v transformer gets you there. No complex wiring ,no fuse, no relay, no wiring harness, no tapping into the fuse block or dash mounted switch necessary. Plug in transformer, run wiring to the lights, and use the existing lighted 1/0 outlet dash power switch to power the off road lights.

Need the outlet for something else simply unplug the transformer or install a multi tap outlet and plug in a utility light, etc.

Now that's a good idea,?

Pics?

Sent from Above

46 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Exactly. I've done that a bunch of times.

A trip I took to Illinois last summer about 6 hour drive I used mine to power a small crock pot. I made a small beef roast and some taters with onions and carrots for lunch.

After about 2 hrs I couldn't take it no more it smelled so good. I stopped and bought a extension cord and ran it out the back window and put in the back of the truck in a box.

When I got to IL I chowed it down. Better than McDonald's any day 

That's an amazing idea! Yummy!