2019 Silverado 2.7 turbo loud grind when shutting off

So... whenever it’s colder out Minnesota weather (32 degrees) or lower my truck seems to make a weird noise when I shut it off. It’s not the parking break, whenever I rev it in park from idle-1500 I also hear it. I think it has something to do with the turbo that’s my guess or a waste gate. I’ve had nothing but problems with this truck 1. Horn sounds sick 2. Blower motor screams but no air is coming out of the vents like they all are closed 3. Plastic oil pan is leaking oil 4. Transmission/torque converter shutters also it slams gears 5. Both leafs Kits have been replaced 6. Sometimes every button on my dash just doesn’t work. However I still like it, it get me fired up however what is this strange noise in the video of my truck

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2020 at 4:57 AM, Kramberry19 said:

So... whenever it’s colder out Minnesota weather (32 degrees) or lower my truck seems to make a weird noise when I shut it off. It’s not the parking break, whenever I rev it in park from idle-1500 I also hear it. I think it has something to do with the turbo that’s my guess or a waste gate. I’ve had nothing but problems with this truck 1. Horn sounds sick 2. Blower motor screams but no air is coming out of the vents like they all are closed 3. Plastic oil pan is leaking oil 4. Transmission/torque converter shutters also it slams gears 5. Both leafs Kits have been replaced 6. Sometimes every button on my dash just doesn’t work. However I still like it, it get me fired up however what is this strange noise in the video of my truck 

Did you ever figure out what was causing this noise? My truck is doing the same thing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 10:29 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

I didn't realise these trucks have plastic oil pans. I guess GM didn't learn anything from Ford's issues. 

On 3/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, walkcj said:

Did you ever figure out what was causing this noise? My truck is doing the same thing. 

My 2021 Silverado 2.7 is making the same noise did u ever figure out what it was ? 

4 hours ago, Kramberry19 said:

No I sold that pile and bought a f-150 build quality is much better I suggest you do the same

Lol so you bought a full sized truck with a 4 banger, and expected it to be quality ?

Regardless of the make, a 4 banger is trash.  

Enjoy that ford when you are broken down on the side of the road with their "ecoboost" when it overheats on you or the block cracks or grenades itself, or the tranny ****** out on you, or you suffer from frame rot within the first few years of ownership, or the aluminum body not holding up.  Ford has a bigger list of issues than GM. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list. My 2022 has been doing this for the last couple of weeks. Doesn't do it every time but probably 1 in 3 times shutting off it will make the noise. Haven't had a chance to have a dealer diagnose it yet, they will probably just say can't reproduce the sound and I'll have just wasted my time.

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone, I had this issue with my 2022 LTD. Turns out it is the waste gate actuator. I had to bring it to my dealer twice to finally get them to acknowledge that it was an issue. Chevrolet agreed to put a brand new turbo and wastegate in the truck and it took care of the noise. Persistence is key! Tell them there is no reason a brand new truck should make an awful noise like that!

I had a Silverado little while back and was having issues left and right. Contacted California Lemon law Center to see if something could be done about it; they were able to get all my payments back and even some on top. Would highly recommend any of you who are experiencing issues with your cars to reach out and see if you have a case.

Here’s their website: https://californialemonlawcenter.com/