2019 GMC SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB DOOR HANDLES REPLACEMENT

I want to put chrome handles on my newer version 2019-2020  sierra crew cab, HOW DIFFACULT IS IT , OR SHOULD I TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, AND WHAT PROCEDURE IS THERE TO CHANGE THEM, ARE THERE ANY VIDEOS OUT THERE ON THESE YEARS OR PDF INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THIS..IM PRETTY HANDY IF I GET A LITTLE ADVISE ON THE SITUATION..

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON MY PREVIOUS QUESTIONS, ALL WERE A GREAT HELP, THANKS GUYS.........

Plastic panel tool or super small screw driver will work; there is a plastic tab on the upper and lower area near the rear, you'll see on the new covers. Once those tabs are free slide the cover forward a little to release it from the door handle. The smaller part to the rear of the handle just pops off, two tabs holding it on also.

Edited by Xusia

7 hours ago, FOKKERDR1 said:

I want to put chrome handles on my newer version 2019-2020  sierra crew cab, HOW DIFFACULT IS IT , OR SHOULD I TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, AND WHAT PROCEDURE IS THERE TO CHANGE THEM, ARE THERE ANY VIDEOS OUT THERE ON THESE YEARS OR PDF INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THIS..IM PRETTY HANDY IF I GET A LITTLE ADVISE ON THE SITUATION..

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON MY PREVIOUS QUESTIONS, ALL WERE A GREAT HELP, THANKS GUYS.........

Use this video, it's very easy to do.

Edited by Goobax

I plan on doing this also but I have the passive entry buttons on the two front doors which will require taking the door panels off to disconnect the wiring harness, to anyone that has done this is there a work around for not taking the panels off.

Edited by bobbobtar

• 6 months later...

I'm fairly certain you can pull up on the handle, disconnect the wiring connection before fully removing the door handle without having to remove the door panel.  I've done this on many other cars with passive entry and I believe i read it can be done the same way on the 1500.  I find it hard to believe they would make the wiring that tight it cannot be done without removing the door panel.

1 hour ago, 204Denali said:

I'm fairly certain you can pull up on the handle, disconnect the wiring connection before fully removing the door handle without having to remove the door panel.  I've done this on many other cars with passive entry and I believe i read it can be done the same way on the 1500.  I find it hard to believe they would make the wiring that tight it cannot be done without removing the door panel.

The wiring is secured to the window frame, and has no play to pull it out of the door.

18 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

The wiring is secured to the window frame, and has no play to pull it out of the door.

I'm going to try playing around with it this weekend, I've heard both takes, might as well see if there actually is a difference between the chev and gmc