In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Ever since my last oil change and recall service to the brake pad sensors, I have been hearing a frequent double popping noise on the right side of my truck, seemingly favoring the front wheel area. This noise is impossible to forcibly repeat, however, like clockwork it always occurs twice (two double pops) on my way to and from work (and yes, the road is absolutely smooth, no bumps or pot holes to cause this). This typically occurs at around 60mpg and every 5-10 miles. Everyone I have talked to including the service department at my local GM have no clue what is going on. The truck will be going into the shop soon for troubleshooting. Any ideas what might be going on? Anyone with a similar issue?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By romeactual
      Currently running Atturo Trail blade XTs - Nice looking tire, a bit loud and showing signs of what looks like dry rotting after 2 years.

I want to get a new set of all terrains or hybrids but not looking for a mud tire on the stock 22" snowflakes. Leveled and running spacers.

Open Country A/T III is my first choice, followed by the Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek.
      Size wise, I would go for a 33x12.5x22 or a little smaller (285x45 r22).

Any other options out there I should consider? Please post pics if you have a nice looking A/T tire setup on 22s.

2019 sierra 1500 SLT

• By customboss
      NEW BILL SO WE CAN REPAIR OUR TRUCKS
    • By Carter Bouslaugh
      A question here.
      I put my winter tires and wheels fromy 2019 Silverado 2500HD onto my new 2021 Silverado 3500HD  and the truck will not read the TPMS sensors. The tire shop said the dealer needs to reprogram the sensors to the new truck. Took it to the dealer and they say that this cannot be done even though the TPMS part numbers are identical between the years and that I need to buy new sensors for the new truck. Any help would be appreciated as this makes no srnse to me! Thanks in advance.
    • By Semedar
      Part: GM 13525431, Receptacle Assembly, Multi Media *Jet Black

Just posting a thread on here if someone who has a 2019 Silverado with the one USB type B port, you can easily upgrade to a module that has a USB-C, USB-B, and an SD card port very quickly and easily in under 5 minutes.

I bought mine from eBay and it ran me $27.19 plus shipping.

I bought a trim removal kit on Amazon and used the one circled to pry it from the bottom and when the bottom popped out a bit, I pried it from the left side and it just popped out very quickly. After that, just unplug the old one and plug in the new one.

FYI, I also bought the module that just has just the USB-C and USB-B ports (without the SD card port) and I don't believe that one would work since it needs an extra cable to be plugged into and I was searching around and didn't find one -- you probably need a different harness for that one.

What I've noticed so far is that Apple CarPlay will pickup my iPhone a bit faster, skip through the songs a bit faster, and it charges my phone a bit faster, as well.

I haven't tried the SD card functionality yet but I can hope that it may be a necessary requirement for people that have IOR radios to upgrade to the IOS ones with navigation.

• By RocknRollAttitude
      The Trail Boss right after installing the Wicked W903 20x10 wheels and Federal 33x12.5 tires.