anyone have experience with this RAYBESTOS Master Cylinder MC390542

hello! i am in need of a new master cylinder and dont want to spend the $170 for a delco one unless i really need to. Is there any difference between aftermarket ones versus delco? 

i found these ones for a decent price on rock auto: prices in CAD

RAYBESTOS MC390542 $90
CENTRIC 13066042 $100
WAGNER MC144044 $79
or the delco
ACDELCO 18M1107 $168

I am currently leaning towards getting the non ac delco one as I save some money but if you guys think I should only go with oem delco for brake master cylinders then i will for sure do that, but If i am able to save some money without sacrificing anything then I would love to go with one of these $90 MC

if so, then which of those 3 do you recommend? off the top of my head i know raysbestos makes decent brakes so i lean towards there MC, but I am not an expert with MC so just going to go with consensus

thanks!

What vehicle is this on?

Wagner produces a good product. Have used Raybestos years ago and was pleased with their quality at the time. can't comment on recent stuff. But I'd have no issues with Wagner.

You can get the AC Delco for $128 plus ship at Rockauto. Other brands are a bit cheaper there as well

Plus there is 5% code you can use:   F0D47A31490C14

Edited by txab

its for a 2001 2500, 

yeah im actually looking at rockauto but in canada the exchange rate is worse so im paying almost double for the delco. do you think its absolutely necessary or worth it to stay with delco?

or just go with the raybestos or wagner?

the wagner will be $10 less but ive heard more of the raybestos brand so not sure which one to go with

thx

Either will perform fine.  I would probably get the Wagner if I was picking one myself.

Get the price of an MC from a local parts shop, and the ACDelco one will be bargain, even with shipping (a Dorman one from Canadian Tire will be more expensive)...

And don't forget to use that 5% off code...

ahh fair enough! i added the wagner to my cart but i noticed it ships from a diff location compared to the other stuff that i want to order and basically makes it more expensive then the raysbestos. seems like im leaning towards the raysbestos then if its basically a toss up but will wait for more input!!

thx for all help 

Edited by apollo18