2021 Ford Sierra?

Of course, but this new Ford looks phoned in, inside and out. At least GM made the exteriors of their new trucks look like nothing else. Love ‘em or hate ‘em for it. Ram and this both look bland as can be, at best.

• Like 4

Lots of Ford hate in here.  It definitely happens on the Ford forums as well, I couldn't buy the Chevy simply because I hated the damn bowtie.  

Since I bought the Sierra I have come to like the wheel wells on the Chevy better but still like the Sierra overall.  If you can't look at a vehicle regardless of manufacturer then you aren't a true truck/car person IMO.  

• Like 2

Also this will also have their first Hybrid drive train. With their electric also following shortly behind. 

Ford knows their trucks are really the only thing they have left besides their SUV's so they dont hold back . Its good though, it keeps other truck manufactures like GM and RAM on their toes and wanting to do better 

• 1 month later...
Love my Silverado, but this looks a lot better.

Wait until you have to pay $2500 to replace that ridiculous head unit”, which looks more like a space shuttle command center screen. Sorry I think it’s stupid and it reminds me of fat lazy idiots on Wall-E. It’s a truck, not a spacecraft.

1 minute ago, Robotaz said:

Wait until you have to pay $2500 to replace that ridiculous head unit”, which looks more like a space shuttle command center screen. Sorry I think it’s stupid and it reminds me of fat lazy idiots on Wall-E. It’s a truck, not a spacecraft.

Goodness. Tell us how you really feel lol.

Edited by 2020SilveradoCC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robotaz said:

I have the feeling that once you got accustomed to all of the new creature comforts and technological features, you'd find it very difficult to go back to the primitive lifestyle of an older truck.  You really don't know what you're missing until you live it.  I felt the same way.  I said, who needs a heated steering wheel?  And, now I do :D

Edited by BlaineBug

I have the feeling that once you got accustomed to all of the new creature comforts and technological features, you'd find it very difficult to go back to the primitive lifestyle of an older truck.  You really don't know what you're missing until you live it.  I felt the same way.  I said, who needs a heated steering wheel?  And, now I do [emoji3]

Here’s my reasoning.

I’m 47. First car was a Capri 5.0 built by a guy who built NASCAR engines for the Waltrips and others from KY. Lots of fun.

Fast forward to now and I’ve had countless cars. Countless new cars. I’ve had cars that drive between the lines, stop automatically, laser cruise, auto everything, air conditioned seats, 0-60 under 4 seconds. It’s really insane and a very interesting story in and of itself.

Keep in mind, never owned a single GM in my entire life.

When I saw the new 2019 Trail Boss I was intrigued to say the least. The only GM that I ever looked and thought, “this is a higher level than the rest”. Fast forward about a year and I decided to trade my Honda Type R on a truck for taking my motorcycles on vacation out West.

All that said, when I felt my Custom TB’s Carhartt-like seats, felt the concrete-like scratchproof plastics, saw the fold down armrest so my wife can sit next to me, and saw the incredibly simple and logical layout; bought it that day. I let the dog do whatever she wants and when it comes out of the car wash looks brand new. No more ruining a leather seat because my shorts are wet from putting the boat on the trailer. No more obliterated seats from pets and a reckless wife.

I don’t want piano trim, padded dash, leather, screens, sh*t to break, etc. in a truck, but I want a good and stylish truck. GM made exactly what I want. The only thing I want that I don’t have are volume buttons on the steering wheel.

17 hours ago, Robotaz said:

Here’s my reasoning.

I’m 47. First car was a Capri 5.0 built by a guy who built NASCAR engines for the Waltrips and others from KY. Lots of fun.

Fast forward to now and I’ve had countless cars. Countless new cars. I’ve had cars that drive between the lines, stop automatically, laser cruise, auto everything, air conditioned seats, 0-60 under 4 seconds. It’s really insane and a very interesting story in and of itself.

Keep in mind, never owned a single GM in my entire life.

When I saw the new 2019 Trail Boss I was intrigued to say the least. The only GM that I ever looked and thought, “this is a higher level than the rest”. Fast forward about a year and I decided to trade my Honda Type R on a truck for taking my motorcycles on vacation out West.

All that said, when I felt my Custom TB’s Carhartt-like seats, felt the concrete-like scratchproof plastics, saw the fold down armrest so my wife can sit next to me, and saw the incredibly simple and logical layout; bought it that day. I let the dog do whatever she wants and when it comes out of the car wash looks brand new. No more ruining a leather seat because my shorts are wet from putting the boat on the trailer. No more obliterated seats from pets and a reckless wife.

I don’t want piano trim, padded dash, leather, screens, sh*t to break, etc. in a truck, but I want a good and stylish truck. GM made exactly what I want. The only thing I want that I don’t have are volume buttons on the steering wheel.

Your 2019 Trail Boss has all of those advanced features, though.  I wasn't referring to leather seating.  I'm sure your seats are heated.  Your infotainment system is top notch as well.  There isn't one feature in that truck that is neanderthal in nature.

There was a rumor about a year or so ago that GM and Ford were going to merge, with GM owning controlling stock. The rumor disappeared about a month later,  but who knows whats really going on.  Later they announce the collaborative effort in building the 10 speed.  I guess my point is,  seeing similarities between the two should really be no surprise. 

Your 2019 Trail Boss has all of those advanced features, though.  I wasn't referring to leather seating.  I'm sure your seats are heated.  Your infotainment system is top notch as well.  There isn't one feature in that truck that is neanderthal in nature.

Uh, you must not know what the Custom TB is. It’s the Work Truck base model with suspension and wheels.