Price? AT4 1500 diesel. El Paso Texas

Hey Guys, What's a good out the door price for a 2020 Sierra 1500 4WD crew AT4 duramax 3L turbo diesel. It has AT4 premium package and technology package and driver alert package II, power sunroof, onyx black. The total vech sticker price is 64,935 which seems way high. Thanks. 

Thanks. I’ve attached the sticker. The salesman texted

“from MSRP $64,935 I can do $57,956.30 thats -$6,978.70 off”

I still feel it’s a bit expensive and want Ask them to come off 8-9k, but it is a new 2020. 

what do you guys think? Thanks fellas. -Joe 

BEB064C9-6EA2-4F9F-8EA1-442B6291F0A7.jpeg

37 minutes ago, x46412 said:

Thanks. I’ve attached the sticker. The salesman texted

“from MSRP $64,935 I can do $57,956.30 thats -$6,978.70 off”

I still feel it’s a bit expensive and want Ask them to come off 8-9k, but it is a new 2020. 

what do you guys think? Thanks fellas. -Joe 

BEB064C9-6EA2-4F9F-8EA1-442B6291F0A7.jpeg

The need to come off that price some more... If they won't budge, I recommend Everett Buick GMC in Bryant, AR. 

Here is a similar truck for reference - https://www.everettbgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2020-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_AT4-Bryant-AR/3551671463

Yes more maintenance and DEF and diesel fuel costs more. Gotta do the math if that works out for you or not. The idea is neat but there are just too many things that kill a diesel motor for me these days. 

More maintenance?  Fuel filter approx. every 20-30k. DEF is cheap 5 gal will last approximately 4-5k and my dealer will top it off when in for service. Price of premium fuel in my area is pretty much the same as diesel and mpg will definitely be better with the diesel. I've done the math, very much like my 3.0

6 minutes ago, Booger T said:

More maintenance?  Fuel filter approx. every 20-30k. DEF is cheap 5 gal will last approximately 4-5k and my dealer will top it off when in for service. Price of premium fuel in my area is pretty much the same as diesel and mpg will definitely be better with the diesel. I've done the math, very much like my 3.0

I have too?  Problem is all bets are 100% off first Diesel out of pocket expense after warranty due to Emissions.  I know more guys walking away from diesels in last couple years than walking into Diesels.....I am first to admit I REALLY WANT THIS COMBO!  I REALLY DON"T WANT EMISSIONS REPAIRS EITHER........

On 2/21/2020 at 6:07 AM, larryz71 said:

The need to come off that price some more... If they won't budge, I recommend Everett Buick GMC in Bryant, AR. 

Here is a similar truck for reference - https://www.everettbgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2020-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_AT4-Bryant-AR/3551671463

I paid $55k for nearly the same truck in early December of 2019.  The strike had just ended so supply was more constrained back then.  The only one I could find (in the color I wanted) was an in-transit unit at a dealer in Northern Montana.  My local dealer would have beat that price by at least $1k if I ordered one but they couldn't expect delivery in calendar year 2019.  It was the truck I wanted and as a small business owner I wanted to take the depreciation in 2019 so I booked a flight and drove it home.   

FWIW, Incentives vary by region but a nearby dealer in Boise, Idaho is advertising the same truck for:

MSRP $65,365
  Sale Price $53,618
  After All Offers $52,618

WALLY

I would keep shopping....that's not enough off and its his first offer.....you counter at 12-13k off and see what he says, theyre are plenty of dealers so don't have to get stuck on one.....you should be able to get 10-12k off just like a lot of others here ….

tell him your still shopping and just wait and see....time is to your advantage not theirs

Edited by Dunn

On 2/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, x46412 said:

Thank you. 

I’ve never owned diesel before. How do y’all feel about this engine overall?

the sticker has a lower annual fuel cost vs a 1500 with a gas engine, but I’m wondering if the diesel has more maintenance than a gas engine?

This is the magic question.  The answer depends upon your situation.  How do you drive?  What are you going to use it for?  How long are you going to keep it? What is your tolerance for downtime?   I can tell you that this engine and transmission is super smooth, very quiet, and has a really nice power band for highway driving and light towing.  Its not a HD 6.6 and it will never outperform those in towing situations, and its not a 5.3 which would be better for short runs like in-town commuting.  Its in the middle and its capabilities map very well for a very wide range of uses, very similar to the 6.2 gas rig.  I think the 6.2 is the closest / fairest comparison and they are the same price.

LM2/3.0 Pros:

• Drive one and you will find it REALLY difficult to want more in a mid-range half ton. 
  • Much better MPG's for mid-range half ton use
  • Great power band, lower RPMs, Good enough torque to keep up with the 6.2 - what are you towing?

LM2/3.0 Cons

• Its a new power plant, expect lessons learned and downtime.  Except for reasonable downtime, warranty negates most of this cost.  Can you tolerate this?
  • Not many aftermarket mods yet, Can you wait?
  • Maintenance might be more in the long term (post-warranty) but really how long will you keep it?  Since it is a new motor which is reliant upon GM's warranty, I plan to have maintenance done by the dealer for a while instead of doing myself.  
  • Fuel is more expensive and you have to deal with DEF.  Does this bother you?

For me, it was worth it.  It fits my needs and my tolerance for being an early adopter.  I love my 2.8 Colorado (daily driver) but this plant is a whole new level for consumer-grade diesel power.  I felt like the 6.2 was more than I needed, but the 5.3 was too weak.  This is right in the sweet spot.  Time will tell how it lasts and performs for me, but I am optimistic.  GM will make some tweaks and I expect that it will keep improving.  If I find out that it sucks then I will just trade it on a newer model or switch to a 6.2 or a HD 6.6.  In the meantime I am happy with it.  For me, the bottom line is that it performs well and it is really fun to drive.

WALLY