In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
GMC Jerry

Multi Pro Tailgate Protector

Have you ever dropped your multi pro tailgate on your hitch and damaged your tailgate?  I found a protector that works GREAT and is inexpensive!  It is just a small piece of rubber trim (much like is on your truck) that is attached just above the tailgate handle.  I have attached a photo so you can see it.  I have a video, but can't get it downloaded to this sight.  I will keep trying.  Meanwhile, you can find it on EBAY, just search multi-pro tailgate protector.  

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bbf.thumb.jpg.636932f5c04c5711dd4859c3cf22bd54.jpg

Edited by GMC Jerry
Photo only, no video
  • Like 1

A little pricey for a piece of rubber....I just take my hitch out

Yeah, I take my hitch out too, but one time I forgot it - saved my tailgate.  That paid for itself, as certainly the tailgate would have cost a lot more to repair!

I installed this Tailgatefix.com device and it works great. I keep my hitch removed when not towing, but did not want to worry about wife or buddy lowering tailgate step whenever hitch is in reciever. $100 bucks, but cheap insurance and piece of mind. 

https://www.tailgatefix.com/landing-page?gclid=CjwKCAiAhc7yBRAdEiwAplGxXwPuczcl4LybPeDxbuZNSz_OKwxBP02bV4eQx2rOQc_2bS6GWvMtMhoCrxMQAvD_BwE

10 hours ago, Dbrace said:

A little pricey for a piece of rubber

Might be worth it to the accident prone,  kinda like some magical invention to avoid the "idiot mark" on a 1911. lol

Could gets order one without the multipro gate...

RPO code "QK1   Tailgate, standard" is available on all trims.

QK2 'multipro' is only available on Crewcab SLT/ AT4/Denali.

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

Could gets order one without the multipro gate...

RPO code "QK1   Tailgate, standard" is available on all trims.

QK2 'multipro' is only available on Crewcab SLT/ AT4/Denali.

That's certainly true, and worth remembering. I, like many people I assume, have never ordered a vehicle, though, and when I go vehicle shopping, I'm generally cross shopping from dealer stock at multiple dealerships. I haven't seen one SLT or higher-spec Sierra in my cross-shopping where dealers ordered the standard tailgate. For folks like me, these options are good to have, and I'm glad to see the aftermarket has responded. My truck rarely has the hitch in the receiver, but even I think GM should have included a feature like the tailgatefix.com as standard if you get the MultiPro gate.

2 hours ago, UGAreb said:

but even I think GM should have included a feature like the tailgatefix.com as standard if you get the MultiPro gate.

Can't protect everybody against themselves. lol

Tis humorous when they rake their shin across the hitch they "forgot about" tho...

Edited by It's Tim

7 hours ago, Marty Tindel said:

I installed this Tailgatefix.com device and it works great. I keep my hitch removed when not towing, but did not want to worry about wife or buddy lowering tailgate step whenever hitch is in reciever. $100 bucks, but cheap insurance and piece of mind. 

https://www.talgatefix.com/landng-page?gclid=CjwKCAiAhc7yBRAplGxXwPuczcl4LybPeDxbuZNSvMtMhoCrxMQAvD_BwE

And the shill is back.  You just can't follow the rules, can you...

So much for your "I'm not going to post about my piece of plastic anymore" statement...

Edited by davester