In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Ebrown1120

Think I’m over GM.

My wife just hit a deer with her 2019 F150 and it has $6000 damage to front end. They told her that Ford is backed on parts and it will be 5 weeks until they arrive.  All the manufacturers have these problems at times.  Sucks, I know, but it isn't GM specific.

16 hours ago, Ebrown1120 said:

I know all companies deal with it. But it’s just the front grill piece. But maybe I should call another dealer and see if they can order it, that was a good idea. 

I would be trying to find the part myself.....

dealers, ebay, online.....find out what it is and start searching

no one is gonna care more about your truck than you

ask them for part number, or go aftermarket if all is same

Edited by Dunn

These are new parts and no one has built them up in inventory. 

Repeat

What ever we buy it's a crap shoot, roll of the dice and not just vehicles.

Pick your poison.

Good Luck.

:)

any vehicle nowadays is a just a lease and burn. too technically advanced for the home mechanic these days. parts are also inflated $$$ try rebuilding an Audi or BMW. lol its trash after 5 years

Hit a deer in Oct with my '17 Escalade the week of the strike.  Driveable, but needed light (useable, but cracked), front facia, grille, shudders, misc stuff.  Parts were in stock, but couldn't get not get them off shelf and into a truck.  After strike, took them 4 weeks to figure out how to fulfill the order.  When they got into repair, found out that headlight was cracked and need replacement, but epoxied it to get me out of there as non were available - completely out of stock.  

I am still waiting on left side headlight....wondering how that can be considering they were in production through January before switchover to '21...

New model new parts there gonna be on back order Till production of parts passes production of trucks. when I bought mine new (it was a service loaner with 3700miles on it) they had to get a few plastic exterior trim parts that were damaged. It was during the strike took them 3 weeks to hunt the parts down from other dealerships inventory. I was upset but was in a new loaner.