axle shooting grease after level

10 hours ago, andrewb24 said:

so you had regular axles like for an LT and swapped to Trail Boss axles??   what all did you have to remove to get axle out other than the wheel and axle nut?  what did you use or how did you get the inner axle pulled out?

I replaced what ever axle comes stock in my custom with trail boss axles. Part number 84554912. Removed axle nut separated bottom ball joint and popped axle out of diff. Wasn’t bad, the dealer showed me why the quote was so high and it was because book says to pretty much disassemble the complete suspension on the given side. 

Edited by Licustom

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:50 PM, Licustom said:

I ended up replacing mine with part number 84554912. The axle itself isn’t longer the inner tulip is and allows more travel of the CV. I haven’t had any issues after installing these axles. 

Be careful where you have them installed also, I was quoted labor as 3 hours per side from gm and an Indy shop. Ended up doing it myself 45 minutes per side. 

Any news or updates on those trial boss axles? I’m having the same issue the reason I have was like three torn boot on both sides on my head I’m trying to decide if I should go run trail boss and axles soon as It seems more built for it since the trail boss it comes with a already factory 2” level lift up front? 

• 6 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 2:32 PM, Hn9ne123 said:

Any news or updates on those trial boss axles? I’m having the same issue the reason I have was like three torn boot on both sides on my head I’m trying to decide if I should go run trail boss and axles soon as It seems more built for it since the trail boss it comes with a already factory 2” level lift up front? 

I have since sold the truck…. I put about 25K on the trail boss axles and had 0 problems. What size level kit did you use? Is it too spacer or bottom?

Hey licustom. I’m planning on swapping out my LT axles To trailboss axles like you did.. You mentioned that the length was the same on them… but I wanted to ask though did the cv angles actually get better visibly vs those LT ones?  

Here are my angles with a 2 inch trailboss suspension plus 1.5 level from rough country on my LT 4x4.  total of 3.5 inch lift… wanting to see if getting the trail boss axles are worth it for the long term.  Or if my angles look fine. I do off road pretty often  for what it’s worth and use 4x4 often. 

3EF09287-B6B1-4185-96E1-3475455A2546.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2020 at 9:19 AM, andrewb24 said:

so you had regular axles like for an LT and swapped to Trail Boss axles??   what all did you have to remove to get axle out other than the wheel and axle nut?  what did you use or how did you get the inner axle pulled out?

Did you ever find out? I also would like to know if i can use trail-boss axles on my LT, just busted my cv axles cause of my lift and im hoping the TB axles work better