Gas Mileage - 2019 Sierra 6.2L

25mpg for a best of 50 miles is decent but hardly an accurate rep of a true avg. I think my 6.2 AT4 has a best of 22/23 maybe but i avg 16-17.  The initial post shows a true avg that i think is outstanding, 21 after 221 miles. GM should never have put that screen in there in my opinion. Gives a false feeling of mpg superiority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smrr1 said:

25mpg for a best of 50 miles is decent but hardly an accurate rep of a true avg. I think my 6.2 AT4 has a best of 22/23 maybe but i avg 16-17.  The initial post shows a true avg that i think is outstanding, 21 after 221 miles. GM should never have put that screen in there in my opinion. Gives a false feeling of mpg superiority. 

That's nothing, lol. 

mpg.thumb.jpg.df6feebf026c5e62bfe8e9abd4e70768.jpg

I do not do a ton of highway driving, so my mixed open road, no stop signs or lights, that I frequent and the around town I do my truck says about 17mpg usually. The only frustrating thing is, when I go do the math by hand, its off by .5-.75 mpg less every time. So if the truck says 16.8mpg when I do the math it is actually closer to 16 if not even lower. I most of the time go to the same station so it should not be the pumps having different stopping points. I am just confused how the manufacturers can get away with that??

54 minutes ago, Londart2020 said:

I do not do a ton of highway driving, so my mixed open road, no stop signs or lights, that I frequent and the around town I do my truck says about 17mpg usually. The only frustrating thing is, when I go do the math by hand, its off by .5-.75 mpg less every time. So if the truck says 16.8mpg when I do the math it is actually closer to 16 if not even lower. I most of the time go to the same station so it should not be the pumps having different stopping points. I am just confused how the manufacturers can get away with that??

Been that way since they started the lie o meter

On 3/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, Londart2020 said:

My ‘18 Sierra 5.3 is off around 2 MPG from what the computer says to hand calculation. 

Happy to see my 6.2L highway gas mileage improving now that I have driven over  3000 miles...Image-1.thumb.jpg.8d22b10a6d5957728b17bcacca4d0c1f.jpg

Let us know what it is over 3000 miles, when you forget that your trying to make a good picture, I can drive 55 for 200 miles on a flat road across Indiana and Illinois on 70, and get max mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, disneybaker said:

Let us know what it is over 3000 miles, when you forget that your trying to make a good picture, I can drive 55 for 200 miles on a flat road across Indiana and Illinois on 70, and get max mpg

Did you ever end up buying a truck? 

ETA 221 miles is a good enough length of driving to get a decent picture of mileage. But you are right. Speed, terrain, etc all factor in. 

Edited by spizike9

Did you ever end up buying a truck? 

ETA 221 miles is a good enough length of driving to get a decent picture of mileage. But you are right. Speed, terrain, etc all factor in. 

Yeah I did, I ordered it 2/12, it’s scheduled to production 3/9, yeah and I keep getting reminded by they wife that it’s not mine, it’s hers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, disneybaker said:

Yeah I did, I ordered it 2/12, it’s scheduled to production 3/9, yeah and I keep getting reminded by they wife that it’s not mine, it’s hers

Heck yeah! What did you end up ordering?!?!