Target Production Week Has Arrived!

On 3/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, Pate Services said:

I ordered my 2020 GMC 3500HD Denali with Duramax, Ultimate Package, Carbon Black Metallic, and Snow Plow Prep on February 19th. A few days later I checked on GMC chat and they said the order was accepted by GM. I checked the chat again on February 27th and they told me the TPW was March 16th. 

Looks like we ordered same time. I have tpw of March 16th as well. Have you got any good updates now we are getting closer? I ordered same truck in white frost tri coat. 

24 minutes ago, DuramaxJ said:

I just got of the chat and was told March 23 for the TPW.  How are you guys finding the event codes?

I had to email my dealer and ask him to print out the event history.  The people on the chat were never able to provide this.

Margaret is my favourite chat lady - always seemed excited about my new vehicle and gave more information than the others ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

I had to email my dealer and ask him to print out the event history.  The people on the chat were never able to provide this.

Margaret is my favourite chat lady - always seemed excited about my new vehicle and gave more information than the others ?

Right on thanks for the info. I guess I will be calling my dealer soon.

As I have mentioned in other threads, I have my VIN and the truck has left Flint - pretty excited!

I ran my VIN through an online VIN decoder and the results are enclosed.  Nothing too shocking, but I found it interesting on page 3 where you can see the MSRP as well as the dealer invoice price.  I am not sure how accurate it is, given that I am in Canada, and the exchange rate would certainly throw in some discrepancies. 

VIN_Decoder.pdf

10 hours ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

As I have mentioned in other threads, I have my VIN and the truck has left Flint - pretty excited!

I ran my VIN through an online VIN decoder and the results are enclosed.  Nothing too shocking, but I found it interesting on page 3 where you can see the MSRP as well as the dealer invoice price.  I am not sure how accurate it is, given that I am in Canada, and the exchange rate would certainly throw in some discrepancies. 

VIN_Decoder.pdf 107.63 kB · 8 downloads

Nice!  Can you send me a link to the VIN decoder you used.

That faxvin.com wasn't particularly accurate for my truck.  It has the basic details, but it didn't know what options my truck had (and at least one option that it had marked as being not available is in the truck [keyless entry]).

If you want to know exactly what was installed on your truck from the factory, get the details from a dealer, or some sites have a forum where you can request the info and a gm representative will send it to you.

Personally, I decoded the RPO codes in the glovebox of my truck, and they have been very helpful in selecting the correct parts for my truck.

Edited by davester

Mine was still bayed in Flint as of Friday.  Waiting on some sort of transport 190 miles from here, no idea if that includes a train or not.  Don't have a VIN, but have not talked to the dealer lately.   

6 hours ago, davester said:

That faxvin.com wasn't particularly accurate for my truck.  It has the basic details, but it didn't know what options my truck had (and at least one option that it had marked as being not available is in the truck [keyless entry]).

If you want to know exactly what was installed on your truck from the factory, get the details from a dealer, or some sites have a forum where you can request the info and a gm representative will send it to you.

Personally, I decoded the RPO codes in the glovebox of my truck, and they have been very helpful in selecting the correct parts for my truck.

Definitely - this was just more for interest sake.  

14 hours ago, davester said:

You are correct, faxvin is not even close to accurate.  Still lists the Diesels as 6 speed transmission.  Also the MSRP is way out to lunch.  It has very basic information, but still pretty cool to see the truck you ordered being listed as it starts to feel like a real tangible item after waiting over a month for it to be built.  I won't need to look in the glovebox for RPO codes because I built this truck on paper myself so I know every option that it has and I have several documents in my filing cabinet that list it all so I will be able to refer back to those in the future.

Have you checked your dealer website inventory (once shipped) to see if they are showing it "Vehicle In Transit" in their inventory.

Fyi ONLY the selling dealer has access to all event history. All others can ONLY see the current status code (i.e. 3000 etc) and nothing else,  and that includes GM chat.  Its dealer privileged information.

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1