Hey guys hoping y’all could give me some insight on the custom trail boss 5.3 6 speed 3.42 gears with it’s towing if anyone has this model and tows with it let me know how it felt to y’all. I’m going to tow my buddies jeep Cherokee to His home state which is about 700 miles. Will probably go through some hills and mountains in TN. Does the the power train struggle with towing because of the 32 inch durratracs?

22 minutes ago, Jonathan Floyd said:

Hey guys hoping y’all could give me some insight on the custom trail boss 5.3 6 speed 3.42 gears with it’s towing if anyone has this model and tows with it let me know how it felt to y’all. I’m going to tow my buddies jeep Cherokee to His home state which is about 700 miles. Will probably go through some hills and mountains in TN. Does the the power train struggle with towing because of the 32 inch durratracs?

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/02/small-medium-or-large-whats-the-best-truck-for-you-gladiator-vs-silverado-vs-f-250-towing-mpg-comparison-video/

TFL Trucks did a test of Trail Boss. 

10 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Yeah but that’s the 5.3 10 speed two different animals I have the 5.3 6 speed. As well the gear ratio is like 3.23 or something like that.

Edited by Jonathan Floyd

34 minutes ago, Jonathan Floyd said:

Yeah but that’s the 5.3 10 speed two different animals I have the 5.3 6 speed. As well the gear ratio is like 3.23 or something like that.

AH, didn't see the difference between the 2. You shouldn't have a problem. The Jeep is lighter weight and less wind resistance. 

My 2016/2018 5.3 6 speed 3:42 pull this beast wit zero issues.  You will have no issues.  I've also pulled few cars on my friends trailer no issues.

So the newer tucks should be as good if not a bit better.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That’s awesome ?? I don’t do a lot of towing. Which is why I got the trail boss but I wish they gave out 3.73 gears for the heavier tires. But honestly I don’t feel any loss of power in my truck. Maybe because the 2019 models are 400 pounds lighter.

13 hours ago, Jonathan Floyd said:

If you're taking I-26 from SC to TN and aren't real familiar with that route, I can offer a few tips. Number 1 pull off at milepost 5 in SC to gas up before crossing into NC, gas much cheaper in SC, there's a Pilot/Flying J on your right with lots of room to maneuver with a trailer. Once you get into NC and across that gorge bridge, it's really a steep pull into the mountains until you get to Hendersonville,  wouldn't be surprised if you wouldn't be down to 3rd gear or just use tow/haul. There are truck lanes in the steepest parts if you need to use them so take your time, and keep an eye on your transmission temperature, shouldn't be an issue this time of year. Once your past Asheville, NC on your way to TN it should be smooth sailing. Sorry if I'm just regurgitating info you already know.

• Thanks 1