2015 Tahoe Drive train warrenty

I have a 2015 Tahoe with 81000 miles.  Service shop is saying I need a new transmission.   Im under the 100,000 miles that accompanies the 2015 tahoe,  but I bought it in march of 2014...so Im over the year limit.  has anyone had any luck getting warranty coverage on a situation like this?

I bought our first GM product 2.5 weeks ago. 2017 Suburban 69,000 miles, no warranty. 1 owner bought, serviced and traded at the dealer who sold it to me. Fast forward  to yesterday and 340 miles later, my wife calls me and tells me it wont go over 40 miles per hour without revving above to 5k rpm. She parks it and we drop it back off at the dealer. They called me today and said something is coming apart in the transmission and recommend replacing it. Cost is $6,000 but the used car manager will split it with me 50/50. I told them I'd let them know,.

I called GMs customer service rep to see if that is all they expected to see out of these transmissions and they opened a case. Got a call later saying GM would chip in and my cost was now $1974. I told them I'd check with the wife but this would be our first and last GM, half hour later they called and said GM will cover it all. I'm impressed they are covering it, I think I'd be more impressed if these transmissions lasted like they used to but at least they are taking care of us at this point.Hopefully this thing wont turn out to be a huge headache and I can trust it to not to leave the wife and daughters on the side of the road again.  

Good luck and hope it works out well for you

• 2 months later...

Its probably the reason why the 1st owner  traded  it in

He probably sensed transmission  issues and managed to unload it without  the dealer noticing. And it  completely broke down while your wife was driving  it. They ought  to pay for it  as your barely had possession. Good on them for owning up