Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
DENALIHD66

Denali w/ ARC Lift/Level Options/Tire Size Stock?

Recommended Posts

Looking to get a few questions answered because it still seems like there isn't a ton out there mod wise for the Denalis with the ARC shocks.

 

1.  What's the largest tire you can run without any suspension mods?  Stocks are 275/60/20.  Would it fit up to 295/60/20?  Is it just me or do the Denali's look like they have less clearance in the wheel wells than the other trimmed trucks?

 

2.  Rough Country has a 2" lower strut spacer.  Would that negatively affect the suspension travel for light off road use?  Can you add a larger rear block (+1") without having to add shock extensions?

 

3.  I've done as much research as I could find on the ARC shocks... are they legit/worth it?

 

4.  In your opinion, which would be a better overall vehicle (assuming some off roading as well) in terms of ride quality and performance?

 

A Denali with the BDS 4" lift kit 

 

or

 

AT4 with the 2.5" BDS Fox 2.5 Coilover setup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. 295/60/20 with front level and decent amount of trimming/tying back

2. Just no to the RC lower strut spacer, bad news (hence why they don't sell anymore)

3. IMO yes

4. AT4 with the 2.5" BDS Fox 2.5 Coilover setup all day everyday

Edited by TheTicketTX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TheTicketTX said:

1. 295/60/20 with front level and decent amount of trimming/tying back

2. Just no to the RC lower strut spacer, bad news (hence why they don't sell anymore)

3. IMO yes

4. AT4 with the 2.5" BDS Fox 2.5 Coilover setup all day everyday

1.  Not sure I have 22's.

 

 

2.  RC still sells this. I have this on my truck and my last one without any issues. Unless you are doing any serious off roading it will be fine. I also added a 1-1/4"  stock GM block from my last truck on it. I wanted some rake back in.

 

3.  Depends on what you want. I have the Denali Ultimate. I know it rides nicer  than my 2015 GMC SLT did. 

 

4. Again depends on what you want. If you are lifting and do not like chrome, save some money and get the AT4. I really don't think the ride difference especially coming from a non Denali will warrant the extra cost.

With that said, now that BDS has a 4" for ARC I might go that route with mine.

Edited by Fltmech
Sorry- Replied to wrong Quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fltmech said:

1.  Not sure I have 22's.

 

 

2.  RC still sells this. I have this on my truck and my last one without any issues. Unless you are doing any serious off roading it will be fine. I also added a 1-1/4"  stock GM block from my last truck on it. I wanted some rake back in.

 

3.  Depends on what you want. I have the Denali Ultimate. I know it rides nicer  than my 2015 GMC SLT did. 

 

4. Again depends on what you want. If you are lifting and do not like chrome, save some money and get the AT4. I really don't think the ride difference especially coming from a non Denali will warrant the extra cost.

With that said, now that BDS has a 4" for ARC I might go that route with mine.

2. You are correct. I know people off-roading with the lower spacer have had big issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 10:17 PM, TheTicketTX said:

1. 295/60/20 with front level and decent amount of trimming/tying back

2. Just no to the RC lower strut spacer, bad news (hence why they don't sell anymore)

3. IMO yes

4. AT4 with the 2.5" BDS Fox 2.5 Coilover setup all day everyday

Dang only 2 sizes up and that much trimming?  Do the wheel well tapers (non-rounded) really cut down that sharp?  

 

I went from 275/55/20 to 295/55/20 with 1.8" Bilstein on my '15 and it has plenty of clearance.  It does rub on the sway bar at full lock moving forward though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DENALIHD66 said:

Dang only 2 sizes up and that much trimming?  Do the wheel well tapers (non-rounded) really cut down that sharp?  

 

I went from 275/55/20 to 295/55/20 with 1.8" Bilstein on my '15 and it has plenty of clearance.  It does rub on the sway bar at full lock moving forward though.  

Mud guard and interior if you want zero rub issues, also depends on rim as well and if it has offset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheTicketTX said:

Mud guard and interior if you want zero rub issues, also depends on rim as well and if it has offset

I like to keep the factory 20s.  In my opinion factory wheels look great on these trucks with a little added rubber.  Typically if you go offset, more trimming is required because of more tire turning arc (negative offset).  These trucks are typically +27 OEM wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DENALIHD66 said:

I like to keep the factory 20s.  In my opinion factory wheels look great on these trucks with a little added rubber.  Typically if you go offset, more trimming is required because of more tire turning arc (negative offset).  These trucks are typically +27 OEM wheels.

You should be fine. If anything maybe just bracket removal behind mud flap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, DENALIHD66 said:

Looking to get a few questions answered because it still seems like there isn't a ton out there mod wise for the Denalis with the ARC shocks.

 

1.  What's the largest tire you can run without any suspension mods?  Stocks are 275/60/20.  Would it fit up to 295/60/20?  Is it just me or do the Denali's look like they have less clearance in the wheel wells than the other trimmed trucks?

 

2.  Rough Country has a 2" lower strut spacer.  Would that negatively affect the suspension travel for light off road use?  Can you add a larger rear block (+1") without having to add shock extensions?

 

3.  I've done as much research as I could find on the ARC shocks... are they legit/worth it?

 

4.  In your opinion, which would be a better overall vehicle (assuming some off roading as well) in terms of ride quality and performance?

 

A Denali with the BDS 4" lift kit 

 

or

 

AT4 with the 2.5" BDS Fox 2.5 Coilover setup

I recently just did a BDS 6” lift on my Denali and I love it. The ride quality hasn’t changed much especially on open highway but in town driving having load range F tires makes it a little tougher than it was stock. I would recommend the BDS setup for the Denali with ARC.

4DA27504-B2F6-4B72-B70B-7D2CE39A6F3E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, burban81 said:

I recently just did a BDS 6” lift on my Denali and I love it. The ride quality hasn’t changed much especially on open highway but in town driving having load range F tires makes it a little tougher than it was stock. I would recommend the BDS setup for the Denali with ARC.

4DA27504-B2F6-4B72-B70B-7D2CE39A6F3E.jpeg

Glad to hear you like the BDS.  The 4" system is better for me overall and I want some more rubber all around.  What size tires did you go with?  It looks like you had to trim the front air dam (Which I usually remove anyway).  

 

Do the BDS 4" and 6" systems increase off road flex at all?  I'm thinking because the shocks are fixed it retains the same flex but bigger tires help just a tad for obstacles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DENALIHD66 said:

Glad to hear you like the BDS.  The 4" system is better for me overall and I want some more rubber all around.  What size tires did you go with?  It looks like you had to trim the front air dam (Which I usually remove anyway).  

 

Do the BDS 4" and 6" systems increase off road flex at all?  I'm thinking because the shocks are fixed it retains the same flex but bigger tires help just a tad for obstacles.

I was going to go with the 4” lift but decided at the last second to go with the 6” and I’m glad I did. The off road flex doesn’t change at all besides giving more room for bigger tires. I have 35x12.5R22 on the truck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.