GM CAI Cab Sound

How does the GM cold air intake sound from inside the cab? I was looking into getting the GM Performance kit...but I had a K&N CAI installed on my Tahoe, and I did not like the increased cabin noise. I was wondering if the GM CAI had this increased cabin drone noise too? Thanks!

Edit: To be clear, I enjoy the sound of a nice exhaust system, but the K&N CAI had this kinda unpleasant drone noise. 

Edited by ausomecasey

I have both the GM intake and exhaust. I only hear anything coming from the intake under extreme accelerations. At highway speeds it and the exhaust are practically the same sound level as the stock exhaust (at least with the windows rolled up).

• Like 1

I didn't notice any change in noise with the GM performance intake. I've done both exhaust and intake, but I did go for a few test drives with just the intake to see if I could tell a difference, and I couldn't. Ymmv

2020/AT4/6.2/intake/exhaust.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It will generate a pronounced throaty sound on acceleration, which sounds good. It doesn’t create any drone at all on the highway, just reminds you it’s there when you step on it. If you drive calmly, you’ll not notice it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk