In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Current truck, bought at 60k miles, currently have 95, whipple 2.9 installed at 76k , current issue p0324. No other codes, loss of power, garbage gas mileage, suspect either knock sensors or pcm as that's the only thing I can find on this topic. I have zero noise coming from the engine and still achieve 13 psi from the blower. Not losing coolant, or oil. Loss of power obviously coming from the car pulling timing as it's in a safe mode. Just need advice on whether or not it's going to be the pcm or the knock sensors themselves. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Btw the truck is strictly 93 octane. Screenshot_20200224-032002_Snapchat.thumb.jpg.bb98e3b7cd9c84db60383b4c9b6793b6.jpg

Having a PCM issue is the worst case issue and normally is highly unlikely. They typically don't just randomly fail like that and give you one issue like this code. You'd have more systems errors if the computer took a dump.

I would inspect your knock sensors, check the connectors and wiring. Make sure they are getting the correct voltage at the plug etc etc.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, CamGTP said:

Having a PCM issue is the worst case issue and normally is highly unlikely. They typically don't just randomly fail like that and give you one issue like this code. You'd have more systems errors if the computer took a dump.

I would inspect your knock sensors, check the connectors and wiring. Make sure they are getting the correct voltage at the plug etc etc.

Went ahead and ordered 2 knock sensors will be here in the morning. Thanks for the reply, once you start searching you can kind of get off track. 

03-10 Update as there really isnt alot of information on this code for our trucks,

Knock sensor did nothing to solve the issue, from what I was reading a bad pcm will cause this too, however I went ahead and changed my plugs out and found one that was loose . Went ahead and swapped out all plugs and she's back to running like a train. I was only getting the p0324 code no misfire codes or anything.

Edited by Philip Chandler

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AEmedic
      I dropped the truck of at the dealer this afternoon to have the Whipple installed.  They claim it will take 11 hours, so I should have it back on Friday.  
      I installed a Borla True Dual S Type cat-back exhaust with the optional resonators to bring the volume down a bit.  It really sounds good!
      I ordered a new ECM from RockAuto for $200 and sent that to HP Tuners to be modified.
      The Whipple took less than a month to be delivered, so I was a caught off guard when I got the shipping notification and “had to” (read: wanted to) rush to get everything set up for the install.
      I want to maintain the good relationship with the dealer I bought the truck from, in hopes that, if there are any warranty issues with the truck that could be questionably related, they will work with me. That, and they have been good to me on the other mods I have had done. It also has the Trail Boss lift with an extra inch to level the front, new wheels with 35X11.50R20 Ridge Grapplers and it has Road Armor Stealth bumpers on the front and rear.
      I am excited for the the outcome!  
    • By krispycritters
      Ok so I have a 2015 gmc sierra 1500. after backing up and putting it into drive I get going for about 5 to 10 seconds ill get a jarring lock up for a split second. First time it happened I was going about 40 and I bounced off the steering wheel and left a little skid mark. It sounds like either my transfer case or transmission is locking up but it literally lasts for a split second then goes away. also I've noticed that after shifting from reverse I hear a loud transmission whine before it does it. This has happened at least 30 times for about a year and dealer says they can't recreate it.
      It's the 6spd tranny

Also I know all about the normal GMC transmission clunk when shifting I have that too but I've learned to live with it. This is something else entirely. Its dangerous and I can't find anything on any forum mentioning this issue
    • By Gregg C
      I was wondering if there is someone that can help me with this truck. It has a rebuilt s&j engine (5.7l 4 bolt main) that I have been fighting to get running well.  It has had all new sensors put on it except one thing to note is I received a bad engine with a cracked block installed the first go around and it was ran for a day to work and then next day back to the mechanic so it may have affected the new o2 sensor put on the good engine but I'm not sure. Well this 2nd engine runs really rough when its cold out and the colder it is, the rougher it runs.  It takes like 5 to 8 revolutions before it starts and it runs good for about 2 seconds then it just hits the floor, back firing and missing like crazy.  Another thing it does is once in a while the volts will drop from 14 down to 10 like the alternator stops working for 1 second then it jumps right back up. I've tried 3 different alternators and nothing seems to change it. It's like something gets turned on for 1 second thats shorted to ground and then shuts right back off but I'm not sure what it could be or if it has anything to do with the other issue. I've put new plugs and wires, rebuilt throttle body with injectors, map sensor, distributor, spark control module, knock sensor with pigtail, ignition coil, fuel pump, both coolant sensors, egr valve and solenoid, iac valve with pigtail, ecm and 3 different alternators. It really lacks power when it is warmed up and its getting bad gas mileage compared to the original engine.  I used a red devil river aldl cable and tuner pro rt to pull some data off of it but I need help figuring out why the blm is so low. Is it because of my o2 sensor or what could it be? What could be causing my voltage to drop off like that? I can't get it to drop voltage with the tuner pro connected either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this tuner pro data stuff.  Thanks!
      truck2.xdl
    • By E. Rdz
      Hi
      I'm new in this group, I hope you guys could help me out.
      I'm driving a GMC SIERRA 2014 ALL TERRAIN MODEL and I been trying replace my blower motor resistor, but the problem is that... I don't know where is located, according Google, amazon and o'reilly I bought the correct one. Every body is saying that is normally next to the blower in the passenger side, but I couldn't find it. I'm leaving photos to show you guys how it looks right where the blower is..

Thanks

• By Determined
      I have a lifetime warranty on my Truck,   I am tired of the electric noise , “super quiet”.   I want to throw some cat back exhaust on, resonator delete or a new flow master 40, something , with a 6inch tip,    Welllll the dealer told me to call there warranty people and the warranty people said any modifications to that part of the vehicle WILL void the Lifetime Warranty,        I already had a new tranny rebuilt and new driveline:differential seal installed also wheel bearings ALL UNDER LIFETIME WARRANTY,    So it has been a huge help,   So can I or can I not do a simple exhaust without voiding my lifetime warranty ??