This is becoming aggravating in a big hurry...

Well after replacing a window regulator, intermediate shaft bearing and upper shaft, painting the roof and hood, replacing the dashboard, knock sensors and wiring harness NOW my freaking rearview mirror is flickering!

The temp/direction window flickers and becomes garbled up and the Passenger Airbag light flickers as well. I can unplug it and plug it immidiately back in and all is well but a short bit it will return... sumtimes. Once again it seems to be an intermediate issue. Has anyone else seen this behavior from their rearview mirror? I'm starting to get real tired of fixing crap on this truck.

17 hours ago, davester said:

You replaced what wiring harness?  And with what did you replace it with (a new harness, one pulled from another truck, or something else)?

Sorry, I replaced the knock sensor wiring harness with a brand new one. I'm just fussing because my wife drives this truck for 114k miles with nearly no issues and as soon as I buy her a Camry, park my F250 in the barn and start driving the yukon daily, it falls apart and begins to nickle and dime me to death!

4 hours ago, Mark Francois said:

Sorry, I replaced the knock sensor wiring harness with a brand new one. I'm just fussing because my wife drives this truck for 114k miles with nearly no issues and as soon as I buy her a Camry, park my F250 in the barn and start driving the yukon daily, it falls apart and begins to nickle and dime me to death!

It must know you're a Ford Guy and it's jealous ?

• Haha 1

I have a 19 year old Acura, 18, 30 year old Chevy, almost forgot my wife’s 9 year old Genesis. They get driven at least once a month requiring just routine maintenance. If you just let them sit that’s when the trouble starts.

47 minutes ago, carkhz316 said:

You had to fix some things in a 17 year old truck? Welcome to vehicle ownership! All the issues you mentioned are unrelated and circumstantial. Keep trudging along and soon you'll have the problems sorted out.

They will get sorted out no doubt about it. The crazy thing is how it all started falling apart when I start driving it ? 

28 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I have a 19 year old Acura, 18, 30 year old Chevy, almost forgot my wife’s 9 year old Genesis. They get driven at least once a month requiring just routine maintenance. If you just let them sit that’s when the trouble starts.

We have an 03' Yukon with 115k miles, 07' Ram with 60k miles, an 08' Armada with 35k miles, a 15' Superduty with 66k miles and lastly a 19' Camry with 2k miles owned from new and only two drivers here lol. I'm no stranger to vehicle maintenance but damn I've just never had so many piddly little things fail in such short order. We do ratate around, well at least I do but my wife sticks with her car now but nothing sits for very long. Now that you mention sitting though, I need to service my tractor before it warms up.   

• Like 1

We have an 03' Yukon with 115k miles, 07' Ram with 60k miles, an 08' Armada with 35k miles, a 15' Superduty with 66k miles and lastly a 19' Camry with 2k miles owned from new and only two drivers here lol. I'm no stranger to vehicle maintenance but damn I've just never had so many piddly little things fail in such short order. We do ratate around, well at least I do but my wife sticks with her car now but nothing sits for very long. Now that you mention sitting though, I need to service my tractor before it warms up.   

I have a 17 Camry also. I’m in the process of downsizing. The Camry going to a kid, the 92 Chevy going to a deserving home, the Acura will be sold in two years. The Avalanche and Genesis are going to be it. I’m hoping the Avalanche last forever. The Genesis when it reaches 200K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I have a 17 Camry also. I’m in the process of downsizing. The Camry going to a kid, the 92 Chevy going to a deserving home, the Acura will be sold in two years. The Avalanche and Genesis are going to be it. I’m hoping the Avalanche last forever. The Genesis when it reaches 200K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have thought about getting rid of two (mainly the yukon) but I’m a little bit of a sentimental sap lol 

• Like 1