Escalade/Denali vs Yukon SLT

I’ve heard the woes about the Escalade and Denali 8spd transmission problems. That said I’ve really wanted to steer away from it and looking more for a 5.3L with SLT package and towing pkg to get the 3.42 gears. I will be towing a boat and have a family of six so the extra power and torque is important to me. So question is, how bad is that 8spd tranny really? Also, I don’t hear many issues from either the 6.2 or 5.3 engines other than the AFM problems. I plan to disable that whatever I get. I’ve got a 2009 EscaladeESV now and love the 6.2 in it.

2017 Denali with 8 speed.  Don't buy an 8 speed my friend.  I have 35K miles and it constantly slams into first as it slows down.  It also acts up while "tipping" the throttle gradually.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a 2020 Tahoe Premier with the 10 speed.  It is so much better than the 8 speed.  There is no comparison.  Ford has been using it for several years and have not received complaints.