Performance of 5.3 with a 10 speed

16 hours ago, nick mcintire said:

Does anyone own or have driven a 2020 Sierra with a 5.3 engine with the 10 speed Transmission.

If so what was the performance and the response.

Any change in performance  and MPG from the 8 speed.

I have a 2020 TB with the 5.3 and 10 speed. It's hard to answer "how is performance". But, I can tell you there's a noticable difference (to me) in the 10 speed vs the 8 speed. After test driving both, I'm very happy I have the 10. Shifts are like butter!

I traded my 16 5.3 6 speed for a 20 5.3 10 speed. I specifically stayed away from the 8 speed. The 10 speed is a really nice transmission. Smooth shifting as well. As for MPG. Forget about it. The 10 speed has 4 more gears than my 16 had and the motor turns less RPMs but, I'm getting the same or less MPG. Both trucks for me average around 16 MPG with 90% city driving.

• Like 1

I didn't notice any difference in going to the 10 speed from the 6 speed or 8 speed with regard to gas mileage.  Having said that, the 10 speed shifts much better than the 6 and 8 speed.  It also handles not jumping to the higher gear better, it holds gears longer when needed and shifts up in a more reasonable way instead of lugging the engine as much as my 6 speed and 8 speed did.  I like it a lot.