Need Help! 2002 2500DH 6.0L melted plug and wires

i have a 2002 silverado 2500 HD with the 6.0L. I noticed a power loss and popped the hood to find a toasted plug wire on the drivers side 1st bank closest to the grill of the truck. pulled the plug and the plug was melted pretty bad. Changed all 8 plugs and wires. All 7 other plugs looked fine nice a light brown. Drove fine for a day and then happend again. I do want to say that the exhaust manifolds have the "broken bolt leaks" that i havent had time to fix. Can this exhaust manifold leak cause just this one bank to run lean and melt the plug and wires? i've heard stories of guys running these trucks for years with this exhuast manifold leak with no real issues. The truck is going to my buddies garage tomorrow to the exhuast leak fixed but is this the cause of my plug issue? could it be a bad coil? im lost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Maybe show a pic of the plug wire that melted.  And do your wires have the metal heat shields on them?

On my truck, I had a bunch (not quite half) of the bolts on my manifolds broken off, and the truck ran like crap but none of the plug wires melted.

• 1 month later...