So, you have bought 3 machines that have had problems, and you are sharing your thoughts with us.

Personally, rather than waiting for a bunch of smart ass remarks from the members here, I would be taking my frustrations out on GM. Let them know how you feel, if they respond in the same manner as we do, move on.

There has to be some vehicles that will make you happy, good luck, and hope you the best in your search. Life is short, lots of other things going on right now, cars making you unhappy should be the least of your worries, you can control what you drive.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kattsr1 said:

I’ve owned many different vehicles and I’ve never had to spend this much cash keeping any of them running especially when all three are under 100K mileage wise. Just a FYI message for those who are looking for a new vehicle and torn on what to purchase, it’s not meant to be personal towards any of you that have a love affair with your vehicles! 

I'm one of many I can say have driven GM's all my life and never had issues to warrant encouraging others not to buy a GM vehicle. My last vehicle bought used I just sold I drove for 22 yrs 1996 Sierra and currently drive a 2012 Sierra used and could not be more pleased. If you are able to own all those 3 vehicles which I consider high end in my books...your repair bill I would consider packet change. 

32 minutes ago, kattsr1 said:

I’ve contacted them but they have reps that troll these public forums as well. These vehicles shouldn’t need this kind of maintenance this soon. There’s nothing wrong with sharing this type of info to prospective buyers. They should be able to make the most informed decision possible. I traded an Armada with 180K in on the Tahoe, had one $1200 dealer trip for the entire life of the vehicle. Tahoes are marketed for their reliability but just as a poster said above these vehicles are known for having junk transmissions. Maybe if more people shared that kind of info instead of taking your advice folks like me might stay away and save 6 grand! Anyway, I appreciate your feedback nonetheless. Your right though, much more important things to worry about. At least I’ve got one daily I know I won’t have to spend additional thousands on!

C9245544-6F03-4A76-BED8-7A38C8DFE646.jpeg

Thank you for reading/listening to my stance.

But, I have to ask, what made you decide to buy a Tahoe after so much "success" with the Nissan? Reviews, personal experience? Why jump brands after all that trouble free driving?

Our 16 Tahoe has been somewhat of a disappointment too, but GM has stood behind it because I will not go away, and have a long history with their vehicles, not all good, but they have always taken care of me when they needed too.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 10:26 PM, kattsr1 said:

I’ve contacted them but they have reps that troll these public forums as well. These vehicles shouldn’t need this kind of maintenance this soon. There’s nothing wrong with sharing this type of info to prospective buyers. They should be able to make the most informed decision possible. I traded an Armada with 180K in on the Tahoe, had one $1200 dealer trip for the entire life of the vehicle. Tahoes are marketed for their reliability but just as a poster said above these vehicles are known for having junk transmissions. Maybe if more people shared that kind of info instead of taking your advice folks like me might stay away and save 6 grand! Anyway, I appreciate your feedback nonetheless. Your right though, much more important things to worry about. At least I’ve got one daily I know I won’t have to spend additional thousands on!

C9245544-6F03-4A76-BED8-7A38C8DFE646.jpeg

Yeah, the GM fanboys on here (especially those with the Earnhardt tattoos) take it personally when you post anything that might affect their resale values.  I agree with you; after 4 of our last 5 family GM experiences, we're now shopping other makes.  And this is coming from someone who can talk LS6, WS6, Z71, LT1, Z06, ZL1, LE1, etc., with you all day long.  

On 3/17/2020 at 12:04 AM, JimCost2014 said:

Thank you for reading/listening to my stance.

But, I have to ask, what made you decide to buy a Tahoe after so much "success" with the Nissan? Reviews, personal experience? Why jump brands after all that trouble free driving?

Our 16 Tahoe has been somewhat of a disappointment too, but GM has stood behind it because I will not go away, and have a long history with their vehicles, not all good, but they have always taken care of me when they needed too.

That’s what my wife wanted, if momma ain’t happy.....well you know the rest. They were also ranked number 1 in reliability. That ranking is bogus and company controlled. Update on the tranny......I raised so much hell that the original dealer I bought it off of is only charging $240 for a replacement. It  only took 4 phone calls to GM and 11 phone calls to the dealer and 5 days of hell raising. I’m done with this brand!

5 hours ago, kattsr1 said:

That’s what my wife wanted, if momma ain’t happy.....well you know the rest. They were also ranked number 1 in reliability. That ranking is bogus and company controlled. Update on the tranny......I raised so much hell that the original dealer I bought it off of is only charging $240 for a replacement. It  only took 4 phone calls to GM and 11 phone calls to the dealer and 5 days of hell raising. I’m done with this brand!

In GM's defense $240.00 for a replacement part like a transmission is a hell of a deal.

Yes, it was not easy, but if it were, most would just trash their cars and expect the manufacturer to replace it. Obliviously this was not the case in your situation, otherwise they would have told you to go away.

Not saying they are perfect, not saying the JD Powers BS test/reviews are not a little biased for American cars, but can you honestly say Nissan (with work involved, on your part) would have done the same on your Armada? 

Whatever your decision might be, good luck, and report back, always nice to get real world reviews on other trucks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

To the guy who had troubles: Ive owned three late model suburbans, 2016 my newest 2008 my oldest all LTs or LTZs.

they are so expensive new that I had to buy a factory extended warranty even tho they are very costly BUT ?? pay me now or pay me later theory and cross your fingers, they are just a nice MACHINE !